Quote:

Also on another subject: Anybody put a fuel injected GEN 3 Hemi in their muscle car? How hard was it? What did you do for wiring? Did you use fuel injection? This is my next project.

Thanks
Sanman

I have asked this a number of times and still wonder why no one has put together a book on the subject. There are a couple of magazine articles on the subject but like many they tend to publish the "highlights"
Companies like web page and web page have been helpful in providing info. But generally I have found people just give you a blank stare here.
Swapping the engine to my knowledge will need special mounts, the engine of course, a decision on what type of trans you want to use each has its benefits and problems. A special oil pan, special fuel tank, special headers or Jeep exhaust manifolds. Possible oil filter relocation. Wiring is usually obtained when you get your engine, IF you are getting a scrap yard pull. Make sure to get all accessories and mounts, and all of the wiring and the computer. Buying the computer separate runs like $2K or the kit with wiring at about $4K or a crate engine (5.7) at $7.5-8K). So basically the parts IMO are still too high to make it worth while on a lot of fronts. A crate 360/390 is $5K and that is 30hp more than the crate 5.7 and $2k less.
So you wont really get a lot of information from most on this swap. It appears to be more of a jump in and see what happens type of thing.

A little off subject but I was interested in doing a procharger system and all of the magazines make it look simple and highly recommend the Supercharger store. I told the guy there I wanted a 30-40% increase in hp on my 440 he said the kit was $7-8K! Still again not a feasible "modification" IMO. For that price you could get a 522/600hp from CME and they build the whole thing (no parts chasing)

Just my 2 cents