Quote:

I am still stumped. I am thinking that there may be gaskets for the pump, but I do not have any or recall seeing any. Is there in fact a gasket that seats between the pump and the cap, and is there an o-ring that seats on the shaft? If so, then this would be the culpret.

Also, to confirm, I have cup plugs installed under the cam retainer(X2). The internal plug by the oil pump drive, the 2 rear external plugs, the plug under the oil filter, and the cap plug under the rear main. If there are more than that then they are all in.

I don't remember the factory installing a gasket between the pump and the cap , but someone mentioned it above so I think the aftermarket deemed one necessary at some point , can't answer the o ring on the shaft either but that doesn't jog anything in my memory either .

It has to be on the pickup side, it must be pulling air which is why it will not prime. Maybe the pickup tube ofthe pump housing is cracked ? Did you have the pump in the oil during your bucket test ?