Quote:

Quote:

OK Thanks, if anyone has had experience with other fit issues or success please chime in.

Ed

Troy Angelly just replaced my quarters and partial outer wheel wells on my '69 RR with AMD's products. They needed a lot of tweeking, especially at the lower window corners and at the tail light extensions. I think he had to do some massaging of the lower body lines too. Regarding the wheel wells; I believe he cut out the bad area in the originals, where they spot weld to the quarters, and then used the new wells for the replacement metal instead of replacing the entire well.
Although AMD seems to have the best product out there they are not like NOS or donor car panels. Remember, they don't have the original dies and presses so they are not going to be a perfect fit, they will require some work so be prepared for some additional time and effort.

Odd?.......I had actually quite the opposite "experience" with the AMD 69 qtrs that I installed personally on this customers car, the original dutchman panel and gutter rails stayed in place, only 1 door jamb was replaced, the qtrs pretty much fell into place, the original taillight potmetal caps bolted on and aligned perfectly, all the panels lines, lined up with the factory doors, and other countours of the car, no filler was needed anywhere on the skin, other than the obvious blend area in the roof pillar and rocker seam, I fitted every other panel and trim, glass, etc before final welding, so that no surprises would pop up during final assembly (what o0ne should do regardless of panel's origin).....my only issue was with the marker lites, the stamping was a tad bit larger, but easily rectified, I used Goodmark trunk/qtr extentions that were supplied by the customer, and suprisingly they worked rather well with the AMD qtrs......I installed a good number of AMD qtrs, fenders,hoods,trunks, dutchman panels, tailpanel,etc,etc,etc, on E and B bodies, and have yet to encounter any panel that requires the kind of "tweaking" that some have encountered,....I buy my panels just like the rest of you, either direct from AMD, or thru a local supplier,.....in fact the panels I installed on this customers RR were the "left over" last set at Autobodyspecialties in Conn, I was late to pick thru the several sets they recieved, I got what was left, there were several dimples from handling, but nothing a few minutes with a pick and dolly couldn't straighten out...

Mike

6587604-BlkRR6.jpg (64 downloads)