Actually you can clock the inter gear anywhere as long as you put #1 wire on the particular cap terminal that this clocking locates the rotor under, but k.i.s.s. if your wires/firing order are already in the cap in the location you want em just clock it wherever it takes to place the rotor under the #1 wire otherwise if your starting from scratch(n) for standardization clock it so the rotor is forward and slightly toward the pass side (7 o'clock if you are standing in front of the car) and plug the #1 wire in that cap terminal and know that some dizzys have a way different dist bottom shaft tang location to top shaft rotor slot location (phasing) than other dists but the bottom line is where the rotor is pointing to & I would back the crank up slightly CCW to 10BTDC & turn the housing till the vac can is in the correct general location (has room to be turned each way) then line up the nearest reluctor tooth dead even w the magnet WITH the rotor under (or close to) the #1 cap terminal and the rotor to cap terminal phasing needs to be somewhat close & to check that make a mark on the outside of the dist housing for where the rotor is then set the cap on & check it (if the rotor is under/near the underside of the #1 cap terminal and vac adv will shift rotor phasing CCW (CW on a BB) slightly from that point (ie 8 degrees around the circumference for a can stamped 8 on the arm) and this rotor phasing (one of my Mopar obsessions) is diff from the dist bottom tang/top rotor slot phasing mentioned earlier. I am assuming you felt compression on #1 plug hole to verify your on compression rather than 6 and 12 o'clock (dot to dot) which'd put it on #6 firing EDIT (re)read the above post(s)& my info was for earlier stuff & may b out to lunch on the newer

Last edited by RapidRobert; 04/03/11 01:11 PM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth