Quote:

Did I miss the part about no spray? Also didn't see anything about how long it has to live.

Not a mopar but years ago I seem to remember a ponitac outa FL running low 12s on motor and something crazy like 9.40s on spray. I've also been running the tree at a track rental when a mid 11sec foxbody sprayed his way to running 9.80, I think it would of went alittle faster if he hadn't damn near ripped the rear bumper off and flattened the headers.

So a decent 13sec car with enough tire to hook a 10sec pass and spray the piss outa it for as long as you can keep pistons in it.

I do love the dragster idea and I am shocked how cheap they are now, back when I was looking a few years ago 7k was cheap for a roller.

Took till the second page for someone to say nitrous...???

These stock big blocks can take a lot ov nitrous. I see no need for a stroker, or half the other fancy [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] in here to build a low low budget 10 second car. Its possible, and i've seen a few good ones locally. The street racing scene bred some pretty gnarly stuff, and when it broke up and a few ov these hit the track there was some JUNK running into the 10's. Almost all ran NOS.

Does it have to be Mopar? that certainly makes it easier. Even without saying the SBC word, LOTS ov ways to do this. The Fox-body 5.0L on juice is pretty common, there has to be a few out there in the 10's...

Anyone remember that Hotrod article many years ago with the 12-second $2000 Dart? That was arguably built on less than 2 grand, and ran into the 12's. Now, if you added a pile ov NOS...

Or how about that guy that was in the Fastest Street Car in America top-10 with a low buck LX Mustang. He was using junkyard Caddy 500's and dumping large amounts ov nitrous into them. $500 car, $100 engine, and build from there... you've already saved a TON...

Personally, if i wanted to build an all-out fast as possible on as little money as possible car, i'd find a first-gen RX-7 and either a boneyard 400/440 or Caddy 500 and spray it.