Quote:

low dollar is relative. i've done it as cheaply as humanly possible, but it ain't cheap. i've used good parts, and have done all the work myself. i haven't added up my receipts because i don't want to, but count on spending ~7 large on the engine (at least), 2 grand on the tranny, 2 grand on the rearend, a couple grand on wheels, tires, cage, outfitting the car (doing the work yourself, of course), plus the purchase price of the car. my combo is a 496 "a" body. 10.33:1, ported (by me) edelbrock closed chamber heads, 509 cam, 1.6 rockers, mighty demon carb, m1 intake, hooker super comp 2" primary fenderwells, dual 3.5 exhaust, moser 60, 3.73 with spool, 35 spline, 30" tall m/t et streets, 727 with lots of billet from crt, tci ultimate street fighter convertor 4400 stall (there's close to a grand right there- don't skimp on your convertor!), 3.5 dom steel drive shaft, forged solid 1350 u joints, 10 point cage, street legal with working horn, lights, wipers, and it runs easy tens all day long. i drive it to the track (50 miles each way).

Im with you. Maybe you can do it for cheaper but it wont last long and might not be real safe.

67' charger 499 RB 10.57 at 127