Quote:

if your doing a Rx7 why not put an LS based motor in it? its been done and a proven combo. Not to say the gen III isnt good but if your starting from square 1 go with the LS, people making that HP easy on stock blocks and some cranks. FWIW I have a 70 duster tube chassis car and my new motor is a 582 BBC dart block BMF heads I am at 10K OTD dynoed. I priced out the mopar stuff B1 heads are like 7k a short block is 7k just adds up and wont be as much HP for the dollar. All that said a gen II hemi would be the most eye catching.
ohh and what year is the RX7? If its 93+ check out hinson cars they make all the stuff to put the LS in without tube chassis

THe power he is looking to make even the Ls guys don't run that much power through a stock block. Must from what i seen you the LQ truck block "cast iron" but then upgrade"the smart ones" to the LSX Block around the 600HP mark. I know the stock "ported" G3 Hemi heads were able to make 700HP from N/A and the new 6.4L heads are even better still however the block is another question as i am not sure how much they can handle but Mopar does have a ALum race block for the 3rd G hemi