Quote:

Quote:

As for the alterkation kit, $3800 just for a coil over front steer suspension to put in a Hemi? I don't think so. I can put an LS1 in for that money and have money for beer to celebrate the job being done.

You seem to be of the mindset of someone who just "doesn't get it" in the MoPar world..?

SBC is very common because guys are cheap and would rather use easily paid for stuff with a plentiful cheap aftermarket, have very limited imagination and need "Trans-dapt" bolt in adapter type stuff, and
don't care much about heritages and bloodlines compared to end results.
Which is fine for some.

There are many who believe in MoPars because it is what interests them, certain combinations, certain engineering, certain looks. It's what hooked many into cars, the oddness, the outrageousness, the brutish arrogance of certain factory parts. The fact that a MaxWedge car or gator grained roof car could go faster with a LS1 engine wouldn't cross a true MoPar guy's mind. It would be akin to destroying a piece of art to some, or at least altering a piece of art to the point of diminished interest.

Some will get what I say and their heads swirl with ideas and emotions of knowing what I intend to mean, others will wonder why more guys don't pull the inline 6 out of a 1961 XKE and toss a 327 into the Jag.

LS1 in a Mopar just doesn't draw my interest at all. I know a genIII Hemi would draw my interest, but even a genIII Hemi doesn't attract all the old school MoPar guys in the older MoPar iron. To THEM it's a heritage issue, one which I don't find an issue.

So for others not to "get it" about a SBC? Doesn't surprise me.

Thats putting it about as well as i have heard it explained. Randy

1957 Dodge truck, Snakeskin Green with a little stroker motor. 1964 Plymouth Savoy wagon ( my new project)