Quote:

opps sorry it skips 2nd and into 3rd.. goes from 1st to 3rd sooo I guess the band,acumulator or strut rod is broke.. would that sound right????

You got it as I have seen that a few times. It makes you think it hangs in first because all it does to shift into second is apply the band and when the band dont work it just stays in first until you get enough road speed (gov press) to shift into third. Sometimes when this happens its the band that actually caused it because it cracks near the end where the strut lays in the band and causes the strut to fall out. If it is then you have to pull the trans to replace the band. I have seen 2 piece bands that can be put in without pulling the trans but they are not factory as they are an aftermarket deal and are not as good as the standard 1 piece band. What they do is have you cut the band so you can slide it out and then the 2 piece band will slide in because one end comes off. Once the 2 piece band is in you put the removable end back on and then the strut goes in but I dont like them myself and would not use it. You have to cut the band to get it out because they are reinforced at the ends where the strut goes in and wont fit out unless you cut it. Best to pull the trans and do it right. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 03/06/11 05:17 AM.