Quote:

Quote:

I am not going to focus on correct internals. I do want it externally correct as possible. I just want to freshen it up with existing internals. Since I am doing this I will most likely use a 727 that is currently behind a 69 383. Can I use the stock converter that is on this trans. or do I need a 70 style?? I need one more schooling on the internal/external balance issue. 70 is when they changed it correct? I am just trying to avoid future problems with vibrations. Could I simply use the converter from the trans. that is currently on the 440? Or use the complete trans if it has the long tail shaft? I don't have enough experience on pans so I better got the 6 quart and tube from Ma Mopar. I assume it will look fairly correct?

Yes, 70-71 440 HP and 6-pk got EXTERNALLY balanced due to the heavy rods.

Assuming it's not been cobbled over the years, a motorhome trans will have an external parking brake and will be a short-tail. No good for car use.

If this 70 engine is internally-balanced any 67-newer 'internal-balanced' 727 converter will work. Sounds like either the MH or the 69 converter should be OK. Whether it will give a desirable stall speed is another matter.

Fixed