Quote:

Quote:

I have tried to contact Scott about having the event at Indy as it is under new management and a wonderful place now.

This track in the next 5 years will be as sought after as Norwalk when it comes to track prep, event coordination, and overall track personal

You seem to be quite the PR guy for IRP these days. Just remember that NHRA owns INDY and doesn't give a hoot about anything other than Labor day weekend at that track. Their genuine interest is for 1 weekend a year and the rest of the season they couldn't care less. Now you can dispute your case because your friend is gonna make big changes, which I hope is true, but don't be disappointed when his "hands are tied." Anything NHRA does is designed to take from the little guy in order to feed the machine.
That schedule you posted about Fri nights is a perfect example, $200 to race for what $1500 or so. Sounds too much like running a nat event at 300 a hit to win a grand. If it weren't for contingencies, that attendance would suffer. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see how your attendance fares as the season progresses.
All I'm sayin Josh is I understand your enthusiasum for your home turf, and IRP (or whatever name they hang on the gate) will always have a lore about it, but they have along way to go to compare with Norwalk. A premier track is alot more than concrete, asphalt, and a bunch of bleachers, there has to be that connection with the little guy, which NHRA doesn't have a good history of.

Not starting a pissing match at all, but take a quick look back at my post about the friday night race.

If you run pro-mod or ultimate dragster, its 150 to enter.
If you run limited or true street, its 75 dollars to enter
If it is index racing its 50 bucks to enter, and we pay #16 qualifier in every class his entry back as well as paying out to the quarters in every class their entry fee as well

We also offered up to racers that are participating in the evenings event that for an additional 50 dollars we will fully prep the track starting at 9:00 am and teh can make as many hits as they would like up to 6:00pm for an additional $50.00, where else can you basically rent the track, have great track prep for 50 bucks...

We are going to have cheap food, 2.00 beers, live bands, we are opening the track to local car clubs to use it as a cruise in spot on these friday nights for their members, and offering the racers free camping if they would liek to stay for teh weekend bracket race.

You are correct when you say NHRA has tainted the way racers look at them, but for you to call out this event to make an example of it, it has to be done so with facts, and sir, yours were incorrect.