Quote:

Have ya toss the idea around about Route 66 race way in Joliet, its a very nice facility and could easily accommodate the event. I don't know much about the prices or availability but it is a very nice set up there.

Here's Mick Copes reply in the thread in the general forum with an answer to that in bold.
Mick helps Scott with the show and takes care of the swap area during the show.

Quote:

Mick here. I've been organizing the Monster Mopar show with Scott for the last 25 years. I know there are a lot of rumors about this years show. I have been talking with Scott and here's what I can tell you. Scott is pretty determined to have the show in the St. Louis area rather than take it on the road.
We have done several out of town shows in the past ,Indy, Joliet, and Tennesee to name a few.
Putting a show on away from home incurs a lot of added expense, hotels, fuel,extra help, etc. All of those costs come right off the bottom line and moving a show to a new location is always a gamble.

Joliet would be a good choice for this year but the two years past that we did put on a show there we met with some resistance from the track and no cooperation from any of the local clubs when we tried to recruit help for set-up, judging , etc.

All that being said, we are working to finalize the details on a location in the St. Louis area. We have another meeting with the facility manager coming up and I hope to be able to post this year's date and location very soon. If this deal does work out Monster Mopar will be a car show and swap meet only this year. We feel that is better than to have no show at all. And hopefully we can find a new home for next year with a track so that we can return Monster Mopar to the show you all have made possible for the last 26 years !
Take care !
Mick

The thing everyone has to remember is that Scott doesn't go through all the work and put out the money up front just to put on an event for us.
He does it to make a profit, which there's nothing wrong with that.
He put's up what are probably the largest win payouts at a Mopar event.
If the event doesn't have a good turnout which has been a problem with both of his shows in Indy and Joliet,
how long do you think he would continue holding the show losing money?

If someone wants to, all they have to do is put up the money upfront and hold a Mopar event similar if they feel they can do it.
I'm sure some people will go, some will complain about the location, some will complain about the date it's held on.
You can't make everybody happy all at once.

My original post with the in this thread (and the poll) was simply to judge reaction to if it was not being held at a dragstrip. (meaning no racing).

I'd go to Monster Mopar where ever it was held.
I'd rather there was racing, but I'll go regardless.

But the location is up to Scott the man that puts the event on.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol