Quote:

I don't remember much if anything about that car. Got any photos when he owned it. It would surprise me if a car that came through a Kansas City dealership would be Don's.

I think Don's 66 cars were both bought through Cable Chrysler. I am pretty sure one was not an original Hemi car and it was a conversion he made. I thnk that car was white.

1966 was the first year he had some factory backing as he had beat up some factory racers with his Max Wedge car at a National event and caught Ma Mopar's eye. His first deal was strictly a parts deal where he had to buy the car or have a sponser buy the car.

This was his status with Chrysler up to early 1968. His 68 Cuda was owned by Cable until early in the 68 race season when Chrysler signed him to a full racer sponsership and Performnce Clinic contract. At that point Chrysler bought the 68 Cuda from Cable and gave it to Don.

This information comes from conversations with Don when I spent a few days with him in 2008.

6552391-IMG_3905.JPG (530 downloads)

'.. it was long ago and it was far away, and it was so much better than it is today..'
Jim Steinman