Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bill besides you and me, here are a few names that had that car.
Bill Weekly
Ben Morgan
Ray Christian
Can't recall his name but he was Larry Morgans crew chief at one time. Tm Something.
DC

thx chris jhon did a beautifull job building that car

As for Ray Christian, he raced 4 67 Hemi Belvederes and one Hemi Coronet w-o car named "The Beeleiver"owned at that time by Starkey. The 67 cars that he raced were, a 67 Hemi Belvedere 2 door sedan with a Hemi Scoop ( that he built), a 67 Hemi Belv.hardtop called "The Harrisburg missel",( that he built and I bought in 1973), a white Hemi Belv. with red frosted paint around the edges, and a real nice silver Hemi 67 Belv. Hardtop. One of the last 2 that I mentioned caught fire out in front of his shop and again, one of those 2 cars Ray told me was the old Jere Stahl car. Another one of the local 67's was raced by Sam Brooks , and was called "White Lightning". Then there was a guy named Gorden Wallace, AKA,"Buzzy" Who raced a 67 Hemi Belv. Then there was "The Roar-N-Hemi" owned by Phil Roar. Marcusic was the original owner of that car, then Dave Miller, then Sam Brooks, then Phil Roar and then to the present owner. Phil Roar had 3 original r-o cars and has a wealth of info. I just talked to him today about this stuff , and I should talk to Sam Brooks too. As for Ben Morgan , don't remember him having a Hemi car. He was world famous for his Max Wedge cars.If someone is going to do a CORRECT history on these cars, they should get started NOW while the original drivers are still around.

I've been trying to get a picture of the "BeeLiever" car from Starkey but they might have been lost to time.. That was one of the hardest leaving '67 cars back in the day. I remember the Division 3 point race NTR in '72. It left the line with only one wheel on the ground. I stored it in my garage for a year or so then one day Starkey told me it was sold. I was crushed...I would have bought it if I'd known it was for sale.

From what I remember, it used a cut down tunnel ram manifold.