Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'd also put 500 hp at the limit, my 511 horse 427" small block Cobra has a cast crank with a 5 speed, but in a light car it's almost impossible to load the motor up very hard on the street.

The heavier the car the more resistence/load you have countering the inherent twisting motion of the crank, if you get into a detonation situation under full-hook/high load and bad things can happen. If you're going to run on street tires I think 500 is safe in an A body, but if you're running Drag Radials or better and really plan on thrashing it around invest in a little extra piece of mind.

As said by the time you balance a cast crank you don't wind up saving much over a forging

the balance job is free on the cast crank, im not paying for the internal balance

one question i have also is, in strength, would the stock cast crank be stronger than the scat? we all know that there are many PUSHING stock cast cranks hard in 360's, im wondering if the scat is more fragile

I trust the stock 360 crank more than I would the others. I do push mine pretty hard and know one day what could happen. now I don't know who made the early mopar cranks but they are pretty strong for what they are.

when you say made the early mopar cranks, im assuming a not stock in the block one, but a mopar performance crank? if so, I have seen many say scat made the cranks, but im not 100% sure...I know scat makes the cast cranks in the MP crate engines