I think the times you have indicated above are pretty much "industry standards" and that you got no complaint or argument because the shops felt that they could beat that time. So using your example of 40 hours above and adding another 4 hours for for jams which is generous (the engine compartment and trunk is already done.) Then 50 hours should give you a "nice" (your word) paint job. The work nice is very subjective. You being in the business of cutomer satisfaction to some degree, leads me to believe that we are talking about a finished product that you should be able to proudly display at an enthusist type parking lot show.

As I stated earlier, I am not looking for a PPG best of show type paint job. I am however expecting a smooth, no DA marks, no orange peel job. Yes, it will require blocking and will be sprayed in an original type enamel product. I could see up to possibly another 50 hours for that, but not really on these cars as both are original, virgin sheet metal. One of the cars will be stripped and that cost has not been calculated into the above.