This is from another post by Moparts member CaptainGTX:

Quote:

You think 2 months is bad? I waited a year and a half for Metro's 69 GTX wheel opening moldings only to find out they didn't fit. Then waited another year for them to retool and the next set didn't fit either. Then ordered from Year One and waited another 6 months - Twice, and neither set fit. Of course, Metro supplied them too. So either Metro or Year One had use of my money for nearly 4 years and I still didn't end up with a decent set of moldings.

Four months ago, nearly two years after the above fiasco, I ordered again, this time from Year One and am still waiting. Meanwhile my GTX goes without - and still wins trophies. Guess if I wanted perfect fitting reproduction parts I'd drive a GM or Ford. Their repro suppliers don't seem to have a problem making parts that fit.

Today just doing a little surfing I run across this ad from: Jim's Auto Parts:

Quote:

WM-SAWM 1968-70 Plymouth B Body (Sat/RR/GTX)WHEEL OPENING MOLDINGS (Set of 4), Repro Brand new Stamping! Much higher quality than others on the market!

Now the statement in BOLD above confirms once again that for whatever reason the '68-'70 B-Body Plymouth car wheel opening moldings have ALWAYS been of sub-par quality and fitment.....What's up with that? WHY CAN'T A VENDOR GET A QUALITY SET MADE????? What is it about a '68-'70 Plymouth B-Body that makes it so tough to get it right??

Anybody seen or tried the "Brand New Stamping, Much Higher Quality" wheel opening moldings?

MikeR