Bob in the mid 80's I bought a 66 Coronet with 18000 miles on it. The one I owned had set many years because of a spun rod bearing. The interior still smelled new as it had been indoors all its life. A beautiful car and a once in a life time experience.

Be sure and take a lot of pictures, only repaint what you have to, I would save the engine paint, just clean everything up.

You should put him in touch with someone that knows a lot about survivor cars so they could advise him. Then he could make decisions accordingly. I know I made some mistakes on my Coronet, just because I did not know any better. There are somethings that are better left undone on that type of auto that will not effect the use of it at all but will make a huge difference in the collect-ability and value in the future.

I know it's his car and he can do what ever he wants with it. I would just hate to see him do something to the car that would hurt its value or market-ability, that he possibly might not do to the car if he was aware. It's a special car and needs special care. I am sure you are more than capable of providing what the car deserves. I am just of the mind that the survivor stadias of the car should be preserved if possible.

It's crazy how one of these old cars can give an old fart the same kind of enjoyment a child has unwrapping a Christmas present.

Getting old just means you were smarter than some and luckier than others.