Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if this will be helpful, but a couple of months ago my brake warning light started staying on constantly, but not fully lit. Just sort of "half-bright". Came on bright when parking brake was on, like it should, but always stayed halfway lit when brake was off.

Brake system seemed fine, tried everything, no change, until I took the sending unit apart (pic attached), cleaned it, reinstalled, light started working properly again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys, I may have bumped the parking brake when I put the column back in If not then I will try the "swift kick method" and then rebuilding the sensor. Is it possible to get the sensor out w/ out getting fluid all over?

From what I remember, there was no leakage.
Just crawled underneath, pulled off the wire, unscrewed the sensor from the dist block (not a proportioning valve). I may have stuffed a small rag in the hole, can't remember.

One of the tests I tried before taking it out was removing the wire from the sensor, then using another wire with gator clips to ground the sensor wire to the car body. Light came on halfway, with ign switch on and parking brake disengaged.

Still doesn't make sense to me, not sure what the deal was.