Quote:

Quote:

Not sure if this will be helpful, but a couple of months ago my brake warning light started staying on constantly, but not fully lit. Just sort of "half-bright". Came on bright when parking brake was on, like it should, but always stayed halfway lit when brake was off.

Brake system seemed fine, tried everything, no change, until I took the sending unit apart (pic attached), cleaned it, reinstalled, light started working properly again.

Thanks guys, I may have bumped the parking brake when I put the column back in If not then I will try the "swift kick method" and then rebuilding the sensor. Is it possible to get the sensor out w/ out getting fluid all over?

Once you get things back together, if you don't have a leak in the front or back brake system ( you might want to pull the drums to be sure ), put slow steady pressure on the brake pedal and the switch will center itself and the light will go out. A switch problem is not likely and to check the wire for an external ground, remove it from the switch and the light should go out ( wire grounds throuhg the switch ).

Fastest 300