I'm a bit annoyed tonight, I placed a call to the engine builder, it actually surprises me greatly he wasnt sure from the get-go about my crank. he explained the bob weight, and that the shop he takes them to usually externally balances, (based on early post you'll notice the story) Well he said they must have screwed up somewhere and forgot to add that weight on, he suggested the middle weight, well I stuck it on, and in 20 minutes I had it back on, i started it and right away it was shaking, I shut it down and ruled that particular weight out. He said the offset plate I'm using is fine, they are using that on the strokers.

If anything I'm confused, guy used to work on this stuff professionally in the 60's-70's in Florida and I feel like I'm an exception here. I asked him to get in touch with that shop and get me some info, he said they don't keep records.

I'm just going to do with what I can at this time, All I've done is work with this thing since I put it together. I went ahead and popped the balancer off again tonight and I'm going to try that small one, just to see what it does on start up.

Moe and more I'm wishing I would have just stuck with a 360 crank, that way you just slip a stock balancer on there and forget about it. I'm not interested in worrying about this stuff. But I'm forced to. If anything, he can fix the motor at his expense if need be. bad deal.

My YouTube Channel, "Hoosier Garage"
https://www.youtube.com/HoosierGarage