What’s my problem??? I reassembled my ’73 Challenger (which included removing the torsion bars) front end suspension and notice that the driver’s side tie rod end link that connects to center link, contacts the torsion bar when I turn the steering wheel.

As you can see from the picture, the top of the end link and the pitman arms are in line with the lower portion of the driver’s side torsion bar. Consequently when the steering wheel is turned to the right they contact one another. I have not placed the wheels on the car and dropped it on the ground however, I don’t recall experiencing this interference problem when I have previously performed K-member removal and front end reassemblies. I did place a jack underneath the lower control arm and loaded the front driver side which did not appear to alleviate this interference. The car is not aligned or ride height set. The passenger side does not have any interference with the torsion bar when rotating the steering wheel.

Initially I thought the pitman arm was incorrect which may have placed the centerlink in an incorrect position. However, I eliminated that the pitman arm is incorrect. I double checked and the torsion bar are correct for each side; driver’s side (left), passenger side (right). The centerlink is not backwards or flipped over either. Everything was bolted up and initially I did not notice the interference since I had everything pointed straight. I did replace the steering box with a Firm Feel however, they assured me that it’s not the issue and comparing it to another ’73 Challenger, the pitman arm’s drop appears to be in the correct position. I double checked the outside tie rods and they are correctly orientated on the lower ball joint. At this point, I’m lost what else it can be. The only other thing I’m thinking is could I have clocked the torsion bar into the lower control arm at an incorrect position when reassembled them and would that have any affect?

Any ideas???