I couldn't help it...I had to check out classracer dot com to see the reaction. They are close to armed insurrection over there. For years they whined about no spectators for Stock Eliminator, now that there is something to draw them they whine about that.

A revival of the old Chrysler/Ford rivalry from the mid sixties may be just the shot in the arm the sport needs. If GM gets involved, that would be better. But, those of us who were there remember that GM was not a major player in the mid sixties doorslammer wars, regardless of what is believed, and the sport still thrived. The Ford/Chrysler wars are what moved drag racing to the front burner...they put the money in it, and pushed for the exposure. It could happen again...deja vu all over again. I lived through it the first time, and it is really, really neat to think I could see it again.

I race Nostalgia because I'm a nostalgia type of guy. But, I think this is neat. What is neat, to me, is that with all the different DP combos it is concieveable that Chrysler will OWN the top several classes in Stock Eliminator.

Now, that IS cool.

Last edited by Steve1118; 10/01/10 04:31 PM.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com