Quote:

If the tension is fully released the threaded part the LCA adjustment bolt goes through will move around easily. If not then the T-Bar is still loading the suspension.

If you did not remove the upper control arm bumpers, disconnect the shock, and/or disconnect a ball joint it may not be hanging low enough to release all the tension.

Once the tension is released it should slide out. I have lost count of how many front ends I have done and I have never ever used a T-bar puller tool and never needed it. If the T-bar is sticky I just remove:
1. The nuts on the strut rod,
2. The shock,
3. The large nut on the front of the LCA pivot shaft.
4. I disconnect the Sway bar (if equipped)
5. Disconnect the Lower Ball Joint from the LCA/Steering knuckle.

With everything disconnected I place a prybar between the LCA and the K-frame about where the LCA pivot is and pry it backwards. Out like a champ. IT helps to clean the dirt out of the back of the socket at the transmission crossmember.

If your pulling it all anyway your going to remove that stuff anyway.

Several important notes.
A. The upper ball joints do not look like they are threaded but they are. It is a very shallow wide thread. DO NOT PRESS THEM OUT.
I suggest you remove the upper ball joint from the UCA with it on the car because the car makes a great support tool as your wrenching it out. A good impact goes a long way to get it out easy. I do not suggest heating them as the metal on the UCA is thinner and softer than the Ball joint and it may cause problems later with the ball joint coming loose as the threads loose tension. Don't start them back in with an impact. get them started with a 1/2 or 3/4 ratchet and after they are started run them in with an impact if you need to.
B. On 72 and older B bodies, all E-bodies and A bodies the lower ball joint is integrated with the steering knuckle. On C-bodies, Trucks/Vans and 73 and newer B bodies they may be pressed or bolt in. If the Lower ball joint has 4 flats on it like the upper ball joint it is threaded also. if it is round it is press in.
C. If installing Poly Bushings make sure you have them in hand and check the instructions before you remove the bushing shells in the Control Arms and LCA pivots. Most poly bushings require the re-use of the shells. If you replace the LCA pivots and use poly bushings make sure that you use the original style pivots and not the later replacements that have a bulbous spot just in front of the bushing. Let me know if you need to and I'll find pics.
There are tips as you get into it. so if you have a problem just ask.

\

Thanks to all for helping with suggestions. Instructions like these are great, thank you for taking the time to do the write up.

-dan

1969 A12 Roadrunner
1970 Plymouth Cuda
1968 Dodge Dart