We loaded up and trailered the Duster over two hours south to Norwalk. We arrived around 8:30 this morning (Saturday) after getting up at 5:00 am.

Upon arrival on the race side we went to sign up for the Sportsman class. The lady at the gate informed us that Sportsman was not running that day, only the 10-0 shootout, quick 16, and super pro classes were running. I told her that I saw all classes listed on the website as running on Saturday. Nope, she insisted that only those three classes were running and Sportsman would be running on Sunday. So I asked if I could get in the Gamblers race, as my car won't qualify for 10-0, quick 16, or super pro. Nope, can't run in the Gamblers unless I am registered in the main event.

Disappointed, but I didn't know what else to do, we parked in the spectator lot with the truck, car, and trailer and walked the swap meet and watched racing for a few hours. Then over the loadspeaker I hear them call up........you guessed it, Sportsman class. We went back to the main gate and the same lady again told us that Sportsman wasn't running that day. As we're up there you can hear them announcing the Sportsman class. Still in denial, she finally called someone and was told that yes, they are running that class and others. Then she told me I could register and race....this is after the first time trial is done and I had already paid $20 for a spectator ticket. By then I was just tired of the whole thing and we left.

So if you didn't see me in the pits, that's why. My first visit to Norwalk and I didn't even get my car on the track.

Totally bizarre experience, to say the least.