Moparts

My first Chrysler Classic experience..........*updated*

Posted By: dustergirl340

My first Chrysler Classic experience..........*updated* - 09/18/10 11:22 PM

We loaded up and trailered the Duster over two hours south to Norwalk. We arrived around 8:30 this morning (Saturday) after getting up at 5:00 am.

Upon arrival on the race side we went to sign up for the Sportsman class. The lady at the gate informed us that Sportsman was not running that day, only the 10-0 shootout, quick 16, and super pro classes were running. I told her that I saw all classes listed on the website as running on Saturday. Nope, she insisted that only those three classes were running and Sportsman would be running on Sunday. So I asked if I could get in the Gamblers race, as my car won't qualify for 10-0, quick 16, or super pro. Nope, can't run in the Gamblers unless I am registered in the main event.

Disappointed, but I didn't know what else to do, we parked in the spectator lot with the truck, car, and trailer and walked the swap meet and watched racing for a few hours. Then over the loadspeaker I hear them call up........you guessed it, Sportsman class. We went back to the main gate and the same lady again told us that Sportsman wasn't running that day. As we're up there you can hear them announcing the Sportsman class. Still in denial, she finally called someone and was told that yes, they are running that class and others. Then she told me I could register and race....this is after the first time trial is done and I had already paid $20 for a spectator ticket. By then I was just tired of the whole thing and we left.

So if you didn't see me in the pits, that's why. My first visit to Norwalk and I didn't even get my car on the track.

Totally bizarre experience, to say the least.
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/18/10 11:51 PM

That just absolutely sux.
Terrible mis managed. I had a similar experience a couple of years ago and have not been back to a CC race since.
Posted By: Cheatham

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 12:18 AM

that does suck. I would have -itched that lady out and demanded my 20$ and left.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 12:35 AM

It really soured me on CC events, I can't see attending another anytime soon.
Posted By: plasticfantastic

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 12:48 AM

Quote:

i'm sorry to hear that Kathy.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 01:31 AM

Wish I would have saw you Doug!....I liked the swap meet, and watching the racing....but it wasn't what I came there to do. Being a spectator when you really want to race SUCKS

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 02:10 AM

Quote:

Wish I would have saw you Doug!....I liked the swap meet, and watching the racing....but it wasn't what I came there to do. Being a spectator when you really want to race SUCKS

being a spectator when your race car is sitting on the trailer in the parking lot is what sucks.

I didnt make it there, had a high school reunion and family get together today, Mike is doing drag week so no Pbody to race, Was tempted to go for the chili cook off ... and get you some more blue cheese chips.

there are always other races to go to. (sometimes I wish after a race that I never even took the car out of the trailer, maybe youre ahead and dont realize it?)

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 02:12 AM

Quote:

(sometimes I wish after a race that I never even took the car out of the trailer, maybe youre ahead and dont realize it?)

No kidding, maybe there was a reason I wasn't supposed to race.

After seeing one car go past the finish line on its roof I was kinda glad my car was safe on the trailer. doh!
Posted By: dusterchas572

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 02:14 AM

Quote:

That NEVER would have happened when the johnsons were running it.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 02:18 AM

I looked on the rules and they said

NO GREEN CARS !!

J/K

Someone needs to refund and or provide a free race fee for you
Posted By: 65dragnet

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 02:32 AM

I had a similar experience at Route 66 a few years ago and that was my last C.C. besides being treated like [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] by the event people and tech ,rain on saturday and blowing a trailer tire on the way there , I had enough LOL
Posted By: aarcudaden

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 06:16 AM

Dustergirl,i would be extreamly and bigdad is right somebody owes you big time. It sounds like classic events is going down hill fast. I was planning to go Saturday myself but changed my mind and really didn't have the money to spend. Sorry to hear about your wasted trip
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 06:24 AM

And here I walked around the place twice just to be sure I hadn't missed you.

I think I might know where the misunderstanding happened. They were running time trials for sportsman and all other classes but the eliminations aren't untill Sun.

I hope you reconsider attending when you cna devote the weekend to it.

Posted By: dirty magnum

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/19/10 08:41 AM

sorry to here that . i would have been blazing mad.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 02:00 PM

Quote:

And here I walked around the place twice just to be sure I hadn't missed you.

I think I might know where the misunderstanding happened. They were running time trials for sportsman and all other classes but the eliminations aren't untill Sun.

I hope you reconsider attending when you cna devote the weekend to it.

I asked if they were running time trials. I told her it was my first trip to Norwalk and I just wanted to run, in any way I could.

She kept insisting that only those three classes were running that day, and if I didn't want to join them, I couldn't run. Even later in the day when they announced on the SPEAKER that Sportsman was up she denied it.

By the way, did you park in the Wilson lot? I swear I saw a Wild Bill looking person driving by. haha.....

Real sorry I didn't get to meet you...or anyone else.
Posted By: HMcCandless_Jr

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/19/10 02:00 PM

As a former track promoter you need to call the promoter and tell them the story. Be nice about it Man to Man. Them post what they do about it. I dont blame you for being mad, but at the same time go to the top with this problem.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/19/10 02:10 PM

I'm planning on contacting them. Today is the last day of the event, so I will do it tomorrow.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 02:13 PM

DOUG! Your PM capacity has been filled...empty some out Mr. Popular.
Posted By: cgall

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 02:30 PM

Sorry to hear this. Do you know if she worked for Charlie or Bill? Bill would have her fired on the spot for turning away a customer.

I would send an email to both SMP and CCevents and describe the person and what happened. At the minimum, a personal apology is expected.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/19/10 02:40 PM

Quote:

As a former track promoter you need to call the promoter and tell them the story. Be nice about it Man to Man. Them post what they do about it. I dont blame you for being mad, but at the same time go to the top with this problem.

Absolutely! No excusses for that scenario. They do owe you big time. Mistakes like that often start several levels above the person making them.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 02:59 PM

Quote:

Sorry to hear this. Do you know if she worked for Charlie or Bill? Bill would have her fired on the spot for turning away a customer.

I don't know who she worked for. Being a total newbie to a CC event, I would have liked a little more assistance.
Posted By: Shoozy

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 03:13 PM

It's hard to imagine a track that treats it's racers any better than Norwalk does. That being said, it's hard to believe the Baders not making it right. Contact them!
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 03:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know who she worked for. Being a total newbie to a CC event, I would have liked a little more assistance.

Now that Blankenship has gone bankrupt maybe someone with some business sense can get CC Events and make a decent show out of it. I went to 3 events after Blankenship bought the series and none were what I would call a fun experience. Racing and meeting new people were fun, getting in and trying to get payout money was not.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 03:29 PM

Yes, we did park in Wilsons Lot. Dad and I were both were our blue shirts that have "WILD RACING" on the back. We arrived around 6ish.

If you could describe what the people at the gate you talked to were wearing I should be able to tell you if it was a CCR or Norwalk personell.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 08:25 PM

Quote:

DOUG! Your PM capacity has been filled...empty some out Mr. Popular.

Emptied, WOW, I had some in there from 2005!!!
Posted By: BIG BEAR

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 09:40 PM

sorry to hear about all of that duster girl. Norwalk is a very nice track and the guys that run at the cc events are even better!

P.S cool website
Posted By: mprrlz

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 10:17 PM

We had a similar issue a couple years ago.

Contact CC Events and I am sure they will make it right for you. Also ask them if it was a CC Events employee or a Norwalk employee, cause if it was a Norwalk employee, I would also contact the race track..I would also think the Baders would make it right for you too.

Hope this helps....
Posted By: dOoC

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/19/10 10:51 PM

Quote:

she finally called someone and was told that yes, they are allowing Dusters to race running Berry-crabs with a snotnose driver ....

I agree ...I thought ALL snot-nosed drivers had a life-time ban at ALL Mopar events

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 11:35 PM

Quote:

If you could describe what the people at the gate you talked to were wearing I should be able to tell you if it was a CCR or Norwalk personell.

I remember a blue/black uniform and a tag that said "Official"....that's it.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/19/10 11:36 PM

Quote:

I agree ...I thought ALL snot-nosed drivers had a life-time ban at ALL Mopar events

Ah, shaddup Doc.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 11:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Sounds like Track presonell not CCE.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/19/10 11:42 PM

Really....well, I guess the track will hear from me too. I will be nice, but I want them to know what happened.

This whole weekend took a HUGE amount of planning by both my husband and myself, and then to not even be able to unload the car...grrrr

Anyone want to come out to Milan this Wednesday?.... cause I'm gonna go beat the crap out of my car just to make up for this weekend.
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/20/10 12:21 AM

Quote:

This whole weekend took a HUGE amount of planning by both my husband and myself, and then to not even be able to unload the car...grrrr

IMO, there is no way to "make this right" after the fact. If they didn't have somebody to "manage" the gate entry, they made a big mistake.

I have towed 8+hrs to race at that event and had a great time in the past. But I wouldn't even consider anything if that happened to me.
Posted By: Eric

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/20/10 12:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sounds like Track presonell not CCE.

I'm pretty sure the Norwalk staff wears red...
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/20/10 12:47 AM

smsp crew shirts were blue white red with flames

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/20/10 01:14 AM

I remember the shirt was mostly blue...she was behind a tall counter so I couldn't see much.

damn...hindsight I would have gotten her name but it just didn't occur to me at the time.
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/20/10 03:09 AM

If the person you talked to was in the little trailer at the pit gate it was more than likely a track employee. I would definitely contact them also.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/20/10 03:14 AM

Quote:

If the person you talked to was in the little trailer at the pit gate it was more than likely a track employee. I would definitely contact them also.

I ran into the same issue at the first CC Indy event. I talked to Blankenship himself and it made no difference.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/20/10 03:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

(sometimes I wish after a race that I never even took the car out of the trailer, maybe youre ahead and dont realize it?)

After seeing one car go past the finish line on its roof I was kinda glad my car was safe on the trailer. doh!

Ya that was me sliding on my roof past the finish line. Lots of damage to the car but I lived to race again.
Posted By: Eric

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/20/10 03:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ya that was me sliding on my roof past the finish line. Lots of damage to the car but I lived to race again.

John.....ANYTHING I can do to help let me know

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/20/10 03:32 AM

Thanks Eric, Lots of offers from Bob George, the Bowmans, yourself and many others. Don't really know what direction I will be heading at this time.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/20/10 03:34 AM

What happened,John??

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/20/10 03:42 AM

!/2 inch stainless hard line going to the remote filter cracked at the starting line and must have totally snapped at the 330 Ft mark. Oil on tires car went right,car went left,car went on ROOF. I'm to old to climb out of a car upside down. Will post some pictures Monday or Tuesday.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/20/10 05:10 AM

I was leaning on the fence and saw the whole thing right in front of me, I didn't realize that was you on the roof. Were you in your car? I thought yours was white. Your son looked really shook up after the incident, I felt bad for all of you. Just glad it didn't hit anything too hard and didn't catch fire.

Dustergirl, sorry to hear about your experience. I wish you could have talked to one of us so we could set that lady straight, she must have had no clue.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/20/10 12:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Holy cow, that was something! I was in the swap meet area near the finish line and all I saw were 2 slicks and wheelie bars going by...I was so relieved when they announced the driver was okay.

I'm so sorry about your car...what a bummer.
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/20/10 12:23 PM

pretty typical that the gate person is clueless,,,I would have walked over to the tower and asked what the program was that day.
sorry to hear about your missing the race.
Posted By: RonTheAnnouncer

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/20/10 12:26 PM

The gate people for these races are usually part timers, and the communication often gets garbled between the outside promoters and the track crew at these types of races, whether its CC Events, Super Chevy, or any other travelling race. I sent you a PM, DG!
Posted By: pro6pakRR

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 05:15 AM

Kathy,did anyone give you the right answer's to what happened?
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 06:02 AM

Dustergirl,
Sorry you had a crappy chrysler classic weekend. There was all kinds of confusion between the track crew and the CC event staff.
Between them not finishing the s/pro calls after the accident, putting cars in the wrong lanes as compared to the staging lanes you were in, and track crew directing you to one staging lane and the CC event crew directing you to another, I had had enough. I got out of the car and told the guy, "after 3 days of this, you would think you would have your S@*# together by now" It's too bad I acted that way, but enough is enough.
On that note, I wouldn't let it keep you from trying it next year. I still had a good time as I met a lot of great people and seen some I haven't seen for a year.
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 06:30 AM

Quote:

I remember the shirt was mostly blue...she was behind a tall counter so I couldn't see much.

damn...hindsight I would have gotten her name but it just didn't occur to me at the time.

Name? I would have wanted a big hunk of her hair and her left ear ring (lobe still attached).
Posted By: ProSport

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 10:57 AM

Quote:

Between them not finishing the s/pro calls after the accident, putting cars in the wrong lanes as compared to the staging lanes you were in, and track crew directing you to one staging lane and the CC event crew directing you to another, I had had enough. I got out of the car and told the guy, "after 3 days of this, you would think you would have your S@*# together by now" It's too bad I acted that way, but enough is enough.

That was my biggest gripe of the weekend, 3 different times I was sent to the wrong lane, so instead of running first I sat there an extra half hour or more each time while they ran the cars that got there last. I heard a rumor that some employees were let go so there were some new ones there this weekend.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 11:37 AM

Quote:

Kathy,did anyone give you the right answer's to what happened?

I haven't heard anything, but it's early yet. I started with an email to the track's general manager, and I'll go from there.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 11:55 AM

Quote:

Name? I would have wanted a big hunk of her hair and her left ear ring (lobe still attached).

lol......I really am trying to be nice.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 12:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Between them not finishing the s/pro calls after the accident, putting cars in the wrong lanes as compared to the staging lanes you were in, and track crew directing you to one staging lane and the CC event crew directing you to another, I had had enough. I got out of the car and told the guy, "after 3 days of this, you would think you would have your [Email]S@*#[/Email] together by now" It's too bad I acted that way, but enough is enough.

That was my biggest gripe of the weekend, 3 different times I was sent to the wrong lane, so instead of running first I sat there an extra half hour or more each time while they ran the cars that got there last. I heard a rumor that some employees were let go so there were some new ones there this weekend.

Sounds like they should have let a few more go. Been thru that a few times on occasion at big events and it totally sucks. If they get me upset enough, I will refuse to move. That usually creates a nice big mess. I did that one year, and they were not happy, but they did it to me every year and almost every time I came up into the lanes. I blame the announcer at our one track, he never calls which lanes and leaves it to the idiots without a village. The other track calls the lanes over the PA...So you know ahead of time.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 12:17 PM

During eliminations they (the CC People) were spreading the cars out in the lanes, apparently hoping to keep people from following each other in. This is a common practice at Norwalk, they do it every week.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 12:21 PM

Quote:

I heard a rumor that some employees were let go so there were some new ones there this weekend.

Almost none of the people from last years crew are there any more.

Last year crew was liked a well oiled machine. This years crew has barley been broken in. I have seen a big improvment over how they were at the begining of the season.
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/21/10 01:50 PM

sorry to hear of your bad experience....should have grabbed her by the throat and ringed it out of her. ..never trust dummies at the gate

perhaps there was a lesson here...use the phone and call before making plans...pay in advance if they allow it...and always check 3 times...I drive my wife nuts with this
Posted By: therocks

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/21/10 01:54 PM

I agree call the owner.At Norwalk old man Badder dosent want unhappy customers.He used to pretty much answer all complaints himself.Rocky
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 02:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I heard a rumor that some employees were let go so there were some new ones there this weekend.

Almost none of the people from last years crew are there any more.

Last year crew was liked a well oiled machine. This years crew has barley been broken in. I have seen a big improvment over how they were at the begining of the season.

Well this is my opinion.... CC Events should have
a quick meeting with track personnel so they and the
CC crew are all on the same page as to whats going
to happen on each day... then also post the weekends
schedule in the ticket gate... that way IF there was
any questions they could look at the schedule....
then if any more issues CALL ... no one likes hauling
hours to turn around and go home... for me thats
more than $100 in fuel

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 02:38 PM

...and $15 in tolls since we were pulling a loaded trailer vs. the $6 it would have been in just the truck. Small amount, yes....but still

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 03:01 PM

Quote:

...and $15 in tolls since we were pulling a loaded trailer vs. the $6 it would have been in just the truck. Small amount, yes....but still

yeah that does stink

But did you get the $1 icecream???? Because when its all said and done, thats what really matters at the end of the day

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 03:14 PM

NO......I didn't even get that. Wow, that day was even more terrible than I first realized.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 03:44 PM

How horrible, you poor poor thing

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 04:23 PM

Quote:

But did you get the $1 icecream???? Because when its all said and done, thats what really matters at the end of the day

Quote:

NO......I didn't even get that. Wow, that day was even more terrible than I first realized.

Way to rub it in Marty...

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 04:24 PM

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 04:30 PM

Hey it's just like the Chicago Cubs there is always next year
Posted By: 3404

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 04:34 PM

I'd call Amy at CC Events, maybe she will answer or return your call.
I left 2 tickets and a $20 for a few friends that were coming out Friday night to hang out and one of the CC Ladies hit the one guy for $30 to get in when the Friday tickets were only $15 to start with. After arguing with her when I found out I had to go to the far other side and find Amy to get my $15 they owed me. I could have forgot the $15 if the woman that started the whole thing wasnt being a total *****, I even had the Summit Track employees arguing with her. Linders Lot pre-entry was a cluster this year too, you'd think it would get better each year not worse.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 04:35 PM

We ran into a lot of issues also anything "big" we had them call Charlie and he straighten things out in a hurry,we just delt with the "small stuff".Over all it was a great weekend and a lot of thanks goes out to the Blankenships and the staff.
Posted By: cgall

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 05:22 PM

After thinking this over, I remembered that this has come up before. They won't let you enter Friday or Saturday Gambler or bracket classes (when there is a double-header) unless you pay the full event entry for Sunday.

I forget the member's name who wanted to go to one of the races and do some TNT on Sat. only, but he called and they told him that he would have to pay for the weekend.

I guess the worker that DG340 talked to didn't explain this very well.
Posted By: sixpackjeff

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 06:17 PM

Well, the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association isn't going back to Norwalk after this year. Bye, bye, Blue Suede Cruise.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 06:23 PM

Quote:

Well, the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association isn't going back to Norwalk after this year. Bye, bye, Blue Suede Cruise.

It appears that the management of Summit motorsports park need's to regroup and take a look at what's going on,,,too big too quick???

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 06:26 PM

Quote:

After thinking this over, I remembered that this has come up before. They won't let you enter Friday or Saturday Gambler or bracket classes (when there is a double-header) unless you pay the full event entry for Sunday.

I forget the member's name who wanted to go to one of the races and do some TNT on Sat. only, but he called and they told him that he would have to pay for the weekend.

I guess the worker that DG340 talked to didn't explain this very well.

That does make sense, but I did offer to pay full entry fee, in fact I expected to have to since I know it is a full weekend of racing.

It's okay if I was in the wrong, it's just I talked many people who were running on Saturday only and I couldn't figure out how they did it.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 06:28 PM

Quote:

The Blue Suede Cruise was a Norwalk promotion before they attached the "Goodguys" name to it a few years ago. It'll probably be there in some form next year.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience................... - 09/21/10 06:49 PM

I really missed seeing long time track officials like Tim that have been around for years and I would have felt a little more at ease when I landed on my roof but I think they did a real good job of getting me out of the car safely. I apologized to Charley (chrysler classic) and tried to find Bill Bader about the mess and delay. Its the first time I met Charley and he was very nice and Bill Bader called me on the cell phone on the way home Sunday and we talked for about 10 min. The Baders are a fantastic group and the newer employee's will never miss a beat after some training but after racing at NRP for over 30 years I looked forward to seeing those guys.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/21/10 07:23 PM

Quote:

We loaded up and trailered the Duster over two hours south to Norwalk. We arrived around 8:30 this morning (Saturday) after getting up at 5:00 am.

Upon arrival on the race side we went to sign up for the Sportsman class. The lady at the gate informed us that Sportsman was not running that day, only the 10-0 shootout, quick 16, and super pro classes were running. I told her that I saw all classes listed on the website as running on Saturday. Nope, she insisted that only those three classes were running and Sportsman would be running on Sunday. So I asked if I could get in the Gamblers race, as my car won't qualify for 10-0, quick 16, or super pro. Nope, can't run in the Gamblers unless I am registered in the main event.

Disappointed, but I didn't know what else to do, we parked in the spectator lot with the truck, car, and trailer and walked the swap meet and watched racing for a few hours. Then over the loadspeaker I hear them call up........you guessed it, Sportsman class. We went back to the main gate and the same lady again told us that Sportsman wasn't running that day. As we're up there you can hear them announcing the Sportsman class. Still in denial, she finally called someone and was told that yes, they are running that class and others. Then she told me I could register and race....this is after the first time trial is done and I had already paid $20 for a spectator ticket. By then I was just tired of the whole thing and we left.

So if you didn't see me in the pits, that's why. My first visit to Norwalk and I didn't even get my car on the track.

Wow, this is terrible and I'm sorry for your experience. Not to make light of your situation but, I knew that woman at the gate was wrong when she told me I was the most handsome man she'd met. That should have been a warning sign right there!

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/21/10 07:34 PM

bwhahaha!
Posted By: MagnumDartSport

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/21/10 08:42 PM

Sorry to hear about your bad experience at the front gate. The one lady working the back pit gate (Phyllis??) was a total idiot. Some people came in to see me on Sat. and she charged each of them $30 for the one day!!! I went up and bitched and they did get some money back when they left that night.
There were some other problems up fromt but I won't expound on them here.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles.
After all of that they should of have let you in for free!!!
Posted By: pro6pakRR

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/22/10 10:57 PM

But has anyone call you back or made thing right?

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/22/10 11:57 PM

I got an email from Norwalk's general manager saying she will call me tomorrow afternoon. I will update then.
Posted By: SmokeyBurnout 67

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/23/10 12:05 AM

Sorry you had a bad experience but I am confused why you wouldn't check the website for the schedule of events or call Chrylser Classic Events. Friday and Saturday all classes that bought into Sunday's event get time runs. Then after their time runs on Sat and Sunday, its a NO BOX and BOX race for Sportsman, Pro, Max Wedge/Hemi and Super pro. Quick 32 can run in Box if they want. Then Sunday is the main event. No time trials just run what you brung! Norwalk doesnt run the show, they will not have the details you would need. I urge you to pick up the phone next time so you can plan accordingly. Don't give up on the Events, they are fun and there are so many great people that come. One huge family. There was definitely a misunderstanding and some miscommunication. Come to Columbus in May 2010, you will not be disappointed and if you are, I will buy your entry. Let's get some more women out there!

Kara Jo

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/23/10 12:18 AM

Quote:

Let's get some more women out there!

I'll second that

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/23/10 12:37 AM

Why wouldnt Norwalk, or any hosting track, have the details that she needed, ESPECIALLY at the ticket gate?
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/23/10 01:03 AM

Quote:

Why wouldnt Norwalk, or any hosting track, have the details that she needed, ESPECIALLY at the ticket gate?

True dat. Shoulda had their act together. Im done with CC events. Never been to one that totally didnt bum me out.
Posted By: SmokeyBurnout 67

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/23/10 01:25 AM

The gate people are there to run the gate, that is it. Norwalk is a hosting track, just like any other track that an "event" is held at, they do not run the show, nor would know specific details. When I worked at the dragstrip it was always like that and still is. My best reccomedation so people can get the correct info is to call Chrysler Classic or go on the website, you will get the exact information. I love these events and Norwalk so I apologize if I take it personally when I hear something negative.

Kara Jo

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/23/10 01:40 AM

I did check the website as I said in my original post...and yeah, I thought I had it wrong, that's when we went and parked in the spectator lot.

Then later in the day they said I could race. Others I talked to ran on Saturday only. So what was right and what was wrong?
Posted By: dOoC

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/23/10 01:45 AM

Quote:

and yeah, I thought I had it wrong

Yep ...still do ...with that Berri crab !

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/23/10 01:45 AM

Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/23/10 01:50 AM

My .02 If i were to pull my car that far I would want to talk to a human first, thats just me, would'nt rely on the web site info. Plus, once there, if encountering a misunderstanding, would talk to an organizer and not just go by the gate/ticket sellers. Not saying its all your fault, but maybe you could have handled it better. In other words, i dont think you should give up on Norwalk...just chalk it up to good ol' Experience.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/23/10 01:52 AM

Well, the gate lady was human...I think.

Hindsight...yeah, I would have checked it out better. But I figured they knew what they were doing. My mistake there.

I'll stick with Milan. They've never turned me away and it's close to home.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/23/10 02:05 AM

Quote:

Well, the gate lady was human...I think.

Hindsight...yeah, I would have checked it out better. But I figured they knew what they were doing. My mistake there.

I'll stick with Milan. They've never turned me away and it's close to home.

i'll be up there friday and saturday.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/23/10 02:11 AM

Well, I got a phone call from Debra Sue Tobak, the general manager. She was very nice, asked me a lot of questions and determined that yes, I should have been allowed to run. She asked what she could do to make it up to me, I said nothing...I really just wanted to let someone know what happened for future reference. She then offered free race admission to any event next year, including the Chrysler Classic, and refunded my spectator tickets, which was NOT necessary as I still had a good time at the swap meet and watching the racing.

Bottom line...Norwalk sounds like it has good people running it, and I will give it another shot next year.
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/25/10 04:35 PM

Dustergirl,
I am very pleased to hear the track stepped up and called you back. Kudos for SMP. I definitely think you will love racing there next year.
Also, from reading what people have posted about you not knowing what the schedule was prior to showing up. Total BS! If you were willing to pay for the whole weekend, it doesn't make sense that they weren't willing to even call customer service and double check.
The weather at Norwalk can change in a minutes time and the posted schedule will be scrapped for a revised one. Happens all the time. Run orders change, number of time trials change, and buybacks and gamblers races are cancelled.
I look forward to fighting over the ice cream next year ......If I don't eat it all at the Halloween Classic!

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/25/10 04:42 PM

I knew Debra Sue would take care of you! Now put your plans for next year together NOW so you can spend a full weekend with us all!

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/25/10 05:23 PM

She is a very nice lady, thanks for her contact email...I'm sure it made all the difference talking to her in person.

And yes, the plan next year is to spend the whole weekend! I've got a whole year to plan it, lol...
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/26/10 01:10 AM

First Im sorry to hear you got the shaft and couldnt race,too bad you couldnt get a hold of 1 of us members to help you out there. I would have suggested you pay for the fun field the take time trials then race the gamblers race. But now im glad to hear that they took your problem seriously and are going to make it right so you can really enjoy a terrific event Kudos to Debra and the track
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/27/10 02:57 PM

Quote:

She is a very nice lady, thanks for her contact email...I'm sure it made all the difference talking to her in person.

And yes, the plan next year is to spend the whole weekend! I've got a whole year to plan it, lol...

nope only 51 weeks.

Re: My first Chrysler Classic experience was terrible...... - 09/27/10 03:12 PM

it's coming fast!...lol
© 2024 Moparts Forums