Quote:

Well I will answer a few. I do have a 2 stage compressor, a decent supply of tools, some automotive air tools n such, a new spray gun, and a decent size garage. I have a little night school body n paint experience (about a months worth) and already have my garage wired for that new 220 welder I have always wanted. I only have an hours worth of welding experience. Point is I am not afraid to try new things. And for the record I did help build my own house even though I would let the electician and plumber do the work even though I am not afraid to try. I have found a decent shop that seems reasonable. I think they were talking between $8000-$12000 to do all the metal work and that was with me providing the metal parts. I have looked into the body in white program, but when I checked it out, that price did not say it included primer coat. Not sure. Anyway, I just wondered if I bought the panels, what would I expect in other charges if I got that welder then went at it. I am basically on the fence. I see the pros of both sides. Just hoping some other people who do this regularly can chime in with their experience.

IMO I think your nuts. Do it once and do it right. Leave it to the pros, in the end you will forget about how much you could have saved and all you think is "I'm glad I didn't do it myself".