Quote:

F1Scamp Just conducted a test. Seems his new thermoquad car can't run with his six pack car. So he swapped the six pack on to his 71 340 Duster and ran it at the track. The car picked up 3 mph over the TQ. Now there was a elevation differance of about 2000 ft but that doesn't equal 3 mph. Keep in mind the TQ intake is all tricked out and the Pack is stock.

In general I would guess the same results but would also bet on a close race either way. That being said, I don't think the above comparison is really fair to either setup, to do a real scientific experiment you need to eliminate as many variables as possible to prove a hypothosis.

A dyno test (track test on a car being second choice due to other variables with the car, track and weather) done on the same day with both setups being 100% stock (carbs and intakes) being the only variables as a baseline, then start experimenting with one change at a time and rechecking the results, that's about the only way to really reach any real conclusions IMO. Comparing a modified setup to a stock setup isn't fair in either direction since some modifications may actually hurt performance.

Quote:

bla bla bal, if the T-quad was/is so great somebody would re-pop it and make a mint. It's a good carb, I oved my T-quad 440, but a well tuned six-pack (and you have to tune any carb) will out run the T-quad. and they won't melt if you should have a good back fire or carb fire.

You'd have to have one hell of an engine fire to melt a TQ body, I think allot of those "My TQ melted" stories are highly exaggerated, they are made of a heat resistant RIM injection molded copolymer, it's actually pretty hard to melt it short of using a blow torch on it.