OK folks, its now (for me) no longer a can it be done topic, but a "i dunnit" topic lol. After several hours of painstaking work, The truck is running on the HEI module....and let me say, wow. I wasnt sure that it would make a huge difference, but it did! Acceleration is is crisper, idle is better (i actually had to turn the idle down a tad!), and over all just feels more responsive! If you decide to do it, you be the judge. Now, on to how i dunnit. First things, first. The parts. I decided I was going touse an e-corecoil, because i wanted maximum benefits. I decided on a coil from a 1996-2000 chebby pickup or SUV because it has a a bracket, and a mounting place with a heat sinc for the module ($25 at the wrecking yard))! I installed an MSD HEI module that a buddy gave me (free, but you can get an HEI moduleat O'Reilly's for $25). And of coarse, wiring connectors and other realted supplies. My install is a little more involved because of the setup i chose, and because i modified (or simplified actually) my engine harness. I decided come hell or high water, this was gonna work, and i removed the wiring for the ballast resisitor and the ecu, as well as the original coil wires. You dont have to do this, you can choose to leave your original wiring just in case.