Anyone that gets up tight about different interior pieces, spark plug wire holders on valve covers, painted versus non-painted trim rings, exact color specifications, etc has multiple issues with which to contend.

1) They've likely never worked in a large scale manufacturing environment. While quality is WAY up from the 60s and 70s, cars still roll off the assembly line with mismatched interior parts.

2) Things like poka-yoke were not yet used in American factories. Assemblers were often left to their own devices. Ergonomic assembly processes weren't used yet either. So an assembler may have changed the way they did something from time to time just because their arm or leg got tired. Things varied from person to person as well. So this idea that they were all built the same is a pipe dream.

3) Anyone that thinks they can tell you exactly how every car that came off the assembly line was made has a big ego and a narrow view of reality. Even with all of our capabilities today mistakes are still made. There should be no mistakes if we have perfect control of the processes. Without perfect control, no one can be confident.

4) Mopar = Made of Parts Assembled Randomly. When one bin of parts ran out the assembler got another bin. Those parts may have been from another supplier who did things somewhat differently. If the assembler couldn't find the correct part he may have used an incorrect one or left it off depending.

I love my Mopars but these experts need to get their heads out of the sand.

If I ever own an old Corvette I think I'll install a 2.5L Turbo from an 80s Dodge and a Ford 9" just to watch the experts faces.