The Torque wrench theory.
Individuality, Websters Dictionary : total character peculiar to and distinguishing
An individual from others.
Just my opinion!
This is what we did in the 50’s 60’ etc. with our rides. My new 69 RR fresh off showroom floor 1st stop Firestone for some Keystones and tires.
Everybody personalized their rides, to me that’s what it’s all about. I don’t want one like yours. I want you to look and mine and say he did something different. Nice ride.
My 66 Charger I’ve had 35 yrs. Has Been in 4 different configurations basic stock, mild build, Pro hot rod to now street strip car.We have a car show every Mon. here in Ga. At Summit Racing. Usually around 200-300 cars. Show is themed to different makes etc. but everyone can show up and win prizes. Lots of fun lots of experts.
So, what I do is carry a 3 foot Snap-on torque wrench in the trunk with a huge 1 ¼
Socket attached. Person walks up starts chatting nice person we talk brag on each others stuff make a new friend and continue on. Butthead walks up starts downing my stuff
I ask you had your stuff torqued lately. Huh! I go get torque wrench and ask, you want your head TORQUED!
Almost had to use it this past week. My current setup is a Max Wedge 2x4 with
(Thunder rolls lightning flashes OMG) dual NOS. you would have thought I was the devil to this 1 guy.(real cool dude about 25 he didn’t even know what a Maxie was.
He thought it was a Hemi. Didn’t even own a hot rod looking to buy he said.)
Bottom line enjoy the sport, look if you don’t like it keep your mouth shut.
There are many thousands of us out here that are always glad to help. Keep the sport alive
We all know how much time money etc our rides eat up.
With all the things that go on don’t let some ### ruin it for you.
Just my opinion because this seems to come up all the time.
Kermit with the Maxie and NOS