Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I know I'll get thrashed for this, but those cars, while plenty mean, are really over restored. The paint is too glossy and perfect, at least for a car wearing black steel wheels.

It's a little like seeing a young Mike Tyson in a tuxedo.

I can definately appreciate a 100% factory original car. but, once they've been touched, there's no sense re-doing some of the crappy work chrysler originally did !!

The way Pete had this car done I would not call "over restored". I would call it "better than factory" or "the way it should have been done had the line workers actually cared about quality"

Now I'll be getting thrashed!! I have some original paint cars that are neat, but they don't hold a candle to the look of my restored cars... each has it's place in the collection though, and the reaction to both types seems to always be positive !

i agree do it right factory paint is teriable with the paint and clears we have now there in no reason to end up with crappy paint unless you are to lazy to sand and buff

I don't agree , base/coat clear coat just makes it another incorrect, overrestored, blend into the scenery, boring because it looks like the rest of them , trailer poodle.

The last year I judged at etown I actually subtracted points from the incorect overrestored trailer poodles.