Quote:

let me see if I have this staight: Rob bought it from John and restored it with the help of Mike. It then went to Pete in NY, who sold it due to health reasons (glad you're okay, Pete !) to some guy in Canada, who inturn sold it to Dave in England? Did I miss anyone?

Rich

Here is the real story....

Car came to my shop as a rolling shell in a mostly unrestored but somewhat "dolled up" state. They polished it up a bit and painted a section on the body. Drivetrain in pieces. Our original intent was to build up a killer drivetrain and give Ed Cook some hell in the FAST class(in a friendly way )Pete, being a very discriminating guy, wasn't happy with leaving the car as-is- so we decided to take it all the way. I took the car the rest of the way apart and sent the body to Walt @ Kustom Koncepts. They were primarily a street rod shop and not really doing restorations, per se. The car was purposely painted like glass including the bottom-that is how Pete wanted it. I rebuilt/restored all the subassemblies, then finished the car here in NJ. The paint work is flawless. The end result was spectacular. The car ran and looked great!

Yes, sad to see it go, but Pete is telling the real story here. He called me every day in the middle of the transaction with a clear case of "sellers remorse". The important part is your health and well being. These cars are cool, but not worth putting them over your health, that is for sure.

MB