I was thinking the striker might be the problem. But I never could understand how the striker works. It seems to me all it does is hold the door closed. It had two thin washers behind it so I kept them there. How do you even adjust the striker? All you do is screw it in. I'm thinking maybe it's the fenders that need to me moved back. Which I tried because I got the door pretty much lined up with the body lines on the quarter panel and closing good. I unbolted everything on the fender and pulled it back as much as I could. There is hardly no movement you can get out of the fender by doing that obviously. Unless my core support is bent causing the front of the fender to hang up when I pull it back. I did it get closer than before not like a real body man would but what I can live with. The driver's side door seems ok to me, the lines are all lined up and the door closes effortlessly. However, the gap between the front of the door and the fender is almost double what it was on the other side. And I now know how hard it is to get the fender to move back towards the door. So I don't know how it's going to turn out. That's the side I found a bullet hole or something in the core support. But I believe he ran over a fence because when I was doing the chassis I found some wire wrapped around the K-frame.