Quote:

Don't get me wrong the 10 second cars are great, but I would never be competitive in FAST. I do not have the finances nor time especially in this economy to build a car like that. For me, my car is street driven 3-5k a year and I like to take it to the track from time to time. Great group, great times and it helps a great cause.

I won't get into the conflicting personalities. I wish well for all. It's a lot of fun.

It does bother me when I hear people talk about FAST like it's some kind of "elitist" group of guys that have megadollar budgets and the "little guy" has no chance and might somehow feel intimidated and not participate. Farthest from the truth. Trust me, and I have personal knowledge, there are 10 second FAST cars that don't have NASCAR "open checkbook" budgets. Greg, Dave, and Terry have always made everyone feel very welcome at these events and all involved are always available to give advice,lend a hand or just be accomodating.

The people involved with the FAST group are some of the best folks you will ever meet. And the NY guys put on a food spread that rivals ANY racing venue. You really got to take your hat off to these guys.

MB