Quote:

That EZ-EFI looks nice.
I was also looking at EFI for my BB but because of the $ I bought a new 830CFM annular, mechanical secondary Speed Demon (with all replaceable jets). Using the LMI A/F meter to properly tune it, it starts better than my modern daily driver. That LMI IS the tool that s required to setup a carb. Reading plugs and other old school methods are JUST that.

while i could not find the 830 annular I found the 850 speed demon

$450

I looked up holley parts since BG's are not listed

jet kit - 50
gasket kit ( for jet changes) - 42
acc pump tuning kit - 120
air bleed assortment kit - 195
LM-2 - single channel O2 sensor - 399

TOTAL - 1256

Now - the carb choice could go another 2-400 bux depending on your selection and the EZ system is on summit for 1749

Both fuel systems are omitted to keep it simple.

If you went with a holley ultra HP 950 ( 800 bux ) the cost get closer and closer... ( 1600 )

not including the built in rev limiter, programmable electric fan switch, and ac idle bump the $150 - $ 500 difference can even get closer from ebag...( 1649 from a quick search)

now your down to $50 - $400 price difference. and remember the EZ Throttle body is 1000 CFM!

\
lets not forget that you set that carb up in the spring ( 50 degrees) and now its 100 out in the dead of summer.... will you jet it to perfection every 20 degree temp change? how about atmospheric changes? how about driving in the mountains? do you jet lean, rich, or stop, pull the bowls and make a change in the middle?

I can change it all from the drivers seat - and if I dont want to touch a thing i can do that too. the system monitors make changes, it checks the O2 sensor and corrects, noting the correction for next time ( self learning )

I was a carb guy through and trough, but after watching this thing learn how to work 2000 CFM on top of a stocker 360 and have better mileage, better driveability, and better manners I'm sold!

I have not even checked it at the dyno or track y
et, but I should not see any major increases unless my carb tuning skills were shot to begin with ( as far as peak power.. but who knows!