Quote:

451, the ede victor head does look like the better deal for me. Who makes the best bang for the buck springs, rockers and shaft? The cam i am looking at is a solid roller cam 272/276 dur @.050, 620/620 lift with 1.5 and 661/661 lift with 1.6. I am thinking i want to use the 1.6 rockers. Is there a way to figure what the duration will be with the 1.6 rockers? Also because the vicktor head is taller will the extra hight be an issue in my 73 dart? Thanks for all the help yall are giving me...

I don't know what the best bang for the buck parts are. The Victors have their own issues, mainly pushrod clearance and getting the correct offset rocker arms. As far as I know only the T&D and Harlan Sharp (Indy) rockers work. I think the HS Indy rockers are 0.800" offset and the T&D rockers are 0.725" offset. That is for the M/W ports, I think the standard port victors can use the Hughes 0.600" offset rockers. Remind me to get more rocker info next week. My machine shop is building a 528" megablock with M/W victor heads and it is a blower motor. That engine is using the harlan Sharpe rockers. I have the T&D 1.6:1 rockers and both rocker systems cost about $1,000, not cheap, but if your building a 700 HP engine (even with Stealth or RPM heads) you will want to use these brands of rockers, the less expensive rockers may work, but I think they will break or wear out much sooner. I am using the PAC1325 valve springs. I was going to use the 1225 springs but they were back ordered so i got a deal on the 1325 springs. Again, these are pricy, but they should last much longer than the Comp cams springs. Believe me, you don't want to float a valve and have it break the head off at 6,500 RPM!
This is the reason I had to build a new engine.
You did not say if this is a "B" or "RB" build?
I just got done building a 500" "B" (400 block) using the 440 source kit, the Victor M/W heads, and a mild Comp 264/264 @ 0.050", 0.714" lift cam.
originally I planned to use more cam, but the piston to valve clearances were getting tight, so if you go with a larger cam, you may want to mock up the engine before ballancing it just in cast the valve pockets need to be machined deeper.
I also used the BCR aluminum main caps and girdle to beef up the stock 400 block. As you can tell, this was not a "budget" engine build, but is less than some other "crate" engines in the same power range.
My next upcomming build is a 512" 440 source kit in a 0.030" over 440 block (really 505".) This is for my convertible which is street driven, so I don't need big HP numbers, and I want it to look fairly stock, so I am using the 440 stealth heads on it, and a hydraulic cam. I haven't decided on an intake, but maybe a six-pack so it will fit under the hood.