Quote:

I've been recently looking at rotisserie's to help my restoration. But Being that my summer job will just barely make enough money to buy all the sheetmetal i need to repair the rust, it's a tough decision to spend that much money. If you have an everyday job and can afford to restore a car in the first place i can understand buying one, but being that i'm a teenager and only have a summer job to support my restoration is it really worth it? Another question is, what happens if your rear frame rails are ROTTEN through and through and you barely have a trunk left? The rotisserie won't really serve you any good untill you get your trunk and frame reails replaced, so by then your already halfway through rus repair? I could see borrowing a friends or renting from someone, but in my case, what's the sense in buying one?Any advice for me?

I would personally do that type of work on the ground anyway, then if you have access..mount it on a rotisserie to clean up welds and prep the body after it's solid again... theres nothing you can't acheive with 4 good axle stands and a level... a rotisserie isn't needed it just makes some of the job easier

6126733-IMG_3315.JPG (122 downloads)
Last edited by smac77; 08/06/10 10:04 PM.

Restoration, Sales and Canadian Distributor For:
AMD Sheetmetal
Wizzard Direct Fit, Bolt In Aluminum Radiators
Legendary Interiors
SSBC & Wilwood Brakes
Control Freak Suspensions
Fine lines Tubing
and many more...
www.macleanclassics.com