i have a friend that bought a 66 falcon 6 years ago in the fall. it had a 460 in it and was running 8 teens in the 1/8th. this was a 5500 dollar car 2800 pound ladder bar car 10.5 inch tire. the motor kicked a rod out of the block in his shop before he ever got a chance to race it. the fastest car he had driven to this point was a 14 flat mustang. over the winter he ordered up a glide and an adapter plate, and converter from coan. had our machinest biuld him a solid lifter cam 501 with ootb rpm heads, victor intake and demon carb. he did alot of clean up work on the car, rewired it and bolted everything together. the very first pass in the car it went 9.77 on motor. he had next to no experiance with drag racing let alone a car that fast. he eventually got it to run 9 teens with a roller cam, head work, alcohol and a toilet. he is a very detail minded guy that doesnt like to cut corners so im sure that helps. i guess my point is experiance isnt near as important as it once was. getting a car to run right is just a phone call away now days.

on the other side of the coin i knew a guy that EVERY time i seen him at the track his cars first pass was its fastest, and then he could always managed to make the car at least a second slower by the end of the day.

what every happens good luck. and have fun