Moparts

I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova.....

Posted By: Thumperdart

I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 03:06 PM

Some buddy`s of mine have been putting their nova together for several years now and called me out last nite at a car show. I told em we could go handle it right now on one of the many desert roads but they wanted no part of it so we`re meeting at Fontana next mo. for some night racing. It`s got a BIG Pettis motor 496+ I think,big tires 32x15.5 guessing by lookin at em and weighs 2700 w/driver. The car has ladder bars but, is untested and I know my car better than anyone so, who`s gonna win............? I`ll take my Dart as that thing hasn`t been around the block or made a single pass and that night may be it`s first runs. Any takers?
Posted By: Ron Silva

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 03:10 PM

You are gunna get your butt whipped.

And, if you don't, then they need to put that Nove in the trailer and never bring it out again...............

It SHOULD be faster, but you never know.
Posted By: maxie

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 03:10 PM

big tires dont mean much. There is a black road runner running 10.18 on a little polyglass.
Posted By: racerx

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 03:19 PM

Thump.. sounds like u got a grudge race on you're hands.As long as they don't get to make any test runs u'll kill em But at 2700lbs-560 cu in.u have a fight on you're hands. Anyway good luck and go get em.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 03:22 PM

he should win but it could be all show and no go. Plus if he's never run it expect some problems. I'll give you the 1st few runs

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 03:23 PM

Quote:

And, if you don't, then they need to put that Nove in the trailer and never bring it out again...............

That`s what I expect people to say but the bigger man doesn`t always win the fight.......I`ve proved that many times and I plan on kicking his a$$ as I usually do. And I agree, If they win they should, if I win........NOW WHAT. As I`ve stated many times, there are some BIG big blocks around that have yet to beat me and they have to agree to go drive through Fontana for a while then line em up. Do you still think I`ll get whooped? They say it`s streetable......we`ll soon see.
Posted By: toddd

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 03:50 PM

Well if the car runs as fast as all the other GM cars with BIG inch motors you see on PASS TIME ...you should win hands down!.

How much experience does the driver have?????

Let us know the results

Good luck

Todd
Posted By: MasterDeBaTeR !

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 03:55 PM

Is this supposed to be a "street car" ?

And BIG TIRES(if they are OVERkill) ..will actually slow the car down.
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 03:56 PM

Quote:

that thing hasn`t been around the block or made a single pass and that night may be it`s first runs.

OR it may have been to the track several times by then and be ready to fly. Awful nice of you to give them a month to get it sorted out. You need to race now to take advantage of this situation otherwise if they can figure out a halfway decent setup by the time you race you will likely get hosed.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 03:57 PM

Well if it had my 565" in it, I'd say your goose would be cooked....but not knowing what it is....just get it done

and KEEP THE RACING ON THE TRACK....seems the some chebby guys are pretty smart afterall

Rickster
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 04:02 PM

A grudge race like this is cool for you either way. If they win, well they should win. If they loose I pitty them. They are in a no win situation. Thumper, prepare for a spanking if that thing runs anywhere close to what it should run.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 04:03 PM

That`s what I expect people to say but the bigger man doesn`t always win the fight.......That's true Thump..I 've had a grudge race last year against a big cu in Chevy Monte Carlo with a two stage nos setup,i new the guy had deep pocket with no brains he talk his stuff all year long till we line up at the end of the year.Told him to pull one of the system off he refuse,so i install a plate system on mine(never ran spray before)first time on the spray and it was left on a 1.28 60' i was hook And that's only using a 100 shot.It alway amazes me to see a mopar car get pick on by some mega cu car.
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 04:09 PM

First question that pops into my mind is what experience does the driver have? Second is do your buddies have any experience tuning a car? Anybody can stick a big inch motor in a car and go racing but that doesn't mean they will win. Good luck.

Tim
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 04:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That`s what I expect people to say but the bigger man doesn`t always win the fight.......I`ve proved that many times and I plan on kicking his a$$ as I usually do. And I agree, If they win they should, if I win........NOW WHAT. As I`ve stated many times, there are some BIG big blocks around that have yet to beat me and they have to agree to go drive through Fontana for a while then line em up. Do you still think I`ll get whooped? They say it`s streetable......we`ll soon see.

unless it's a bunch of junk you are toast. I think you would have had a better chance on the street but tose guys were smart enough not to go there. good luck
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 04:38 PM

Quote:

First question that pops into my mind is what experience does the driver have? Second is do your buddies have any experience tuning a car? Anybody can stick a big inch motor in a car and go racing but that doesn't mean they will win. Good luck.

Tim

I think you have a good chance..It will be a good race anyways, if the guy can tune. If the car is new, untested, my money is on you. It only takes one single problem or adjustment to keep him from making a decent pass.
We know your car is well sorted out, and pretty fast too.
As mentioned before, to assemble a car take it out first time and put up numbers that the car should takes some work, from a knowledgeable person..
Posted By: moparniac

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 04:47 PM

funny you post this dominic! I was at a TNT at Beaver springs this past saturday with some friends (my car is in the shop still) and there was a beautiful tubbed out nove with a parachute on it! my buddies mustang went a 10.7x and that nova went a 12.26... man was that thing a dog! (on that day at least) it could have been a new combo or whatever not really sure but dont count yourself out at all

just have some pics or video!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 05:03 PM

Next time you see the car look at the angle of the
ladder bars, if they are pointed up I give it to you...
as he will most likely po-go off the line.. but you
better be on your game ... hopefully he put all his
money in the motor and not the chassis as in good shocks
and the set up .... good luck(as someone said already
you should have said next week)
Posted By: 440dart

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 05:12 PM

Jason pettis knows what he is doing, if he has anything to do with tuning this car Dom is DONE!!!
Posted By: 340B5

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 05:28 PM

Quote:

Next time you see the car look at the angle of the
ladder bars, if they are pointed up I give it to you...
as he will most likely po-go off the line.. but you
better be on your game ... hopefully he put all his
money in the motor and not the chassis as in good shocks
and the set up .... good luck(as someone said already
you should have said next week)

All the power in the world won't help you if you can't hook it.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 05:33 PM

seen plenty of big inch big tire cars run mid-high tens. Those big tires are worthless unless they are stickies. Those old school M/T's don't hook for squat and they just add weight to the drivetrain. oh and what gear does he have? he'd better have 4.88's w/ those biggies out back

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 05:35 PM

One more thing. get some 110 or better, add some timing and un-cork that exhaust. You'll pick up 3-4 tenths. Good luck.
Posted By: BB70DUSTER

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 06:36 PM

If its got a big tire and a Pettis Engine... Id say your done....
Posted By: 408Dust

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 07:00 PM

I doubt they will unload the car for the very first time just to race you.If they are some what smart they will shake it down before your big grudge race.Then on the day of the race they should put one in your lost column for you...
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 07:09 PM

Ya never know with these things......

A good 560ci engine should start around 850 and go up from there. At 2700#, with a working suspension and enough tire, it could be an 8sec deal.....but who knows..... waaaaaaaaaay too many variables. Alot depends on what kinda clue this cat has.

Maybe do a little recon and see if he shakes it down before your race.
Posted By: Defbob

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 07:13 PM

They 560ci motor could have a mild hydraulic cam

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 07:14 PM

Even if they get it out a couple of times I REALLY
doubt they will get the chassis right in a couple outings
Hell there are guy that have worked a couple YEARS
at getting the suspension right and still havent got
it yet... and I really doubt that the engine builder
is going to set up the chassis for them(if he knows)
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/20/10 07:52 PM

Take it like a true all out Street race. He's got a bigger motor, bigger tire, etc. He may not run the number, but will probably either get hurt, hurt some thing or hurt your wallet if he tries hard enough.
He's got to give some thing up. No heros or egos here, beg till he gives you the comfort zone spot, then run him again for the real coin.
I would have said to get the run off the very next day at a track so that he has no test and tune set time, but what ever its worth, go get 'em with no fear.
Hope he or a friend/s are not spying on this board to see what your blueprint for a race is forming up top be.
You have the smaller cube and old school suspension, so he should give a spot being that it is a featherweight as well.
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 07:58 PM

There was a 440 car with aluminum heads running 14's at Milan. My little iron headed 340 whooped it, and it shouldn't have.
Posted By: onebaddakota

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 08:43 PM

Quote:

I doubt they will unload the car for the very first time just to race you.If they are some what smart they will shake it down before your big grudge race.Then on the day of the race they should put one in your lost column for you...

This
If the guy hasn't done any prior runs he is a fool.
Tom
Posted By: 9 Sec Phill

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 11:11 PM

Dom, he will go up in smoke, just hook up your car and leave him at the line spinning while you take the stripe...Ive done it many times....good luck..My money is on you....Phill

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/20/10 11:46 PM

Quote:

Jason pettis knows what he is doing, if he has anything to do with tuning this car Dom is DONE!!!

Again I expect answers like this also but, I don`t care WHO built the motor this thing hasn`t even been around the block and my bad....it`s a 496. The driver is a buddy of mine who`s been in the 9`s and his ass is mine and now the excuses are flying as they typically do.........damn I`m all excited and am getting more of my fuel system plumbed as we speak(type)....any locals wanna come out and wager.....????
Posted By: joedust451

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 12:40 AM

Dom, I love grudge racing, & i agree with an earlier post, Its a win/win for you, In all reality, most will exspect the Nove to spank your Mopar, but if it don't, shame on them & you stand proud with a big grin on your face . Good luck, be on your game, DON'T Red light whatever you do, make him red light .
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 06/21/10 01:04 AM

Posted By: 69B3GT

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 01:24 AM

Win it for the dart crowd...Is the night racing the 17th? if so ill be there spectating

Goodluck
Posted By: 440dart

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 01:41 AM

Quote:

Even if they get it out a couple of times I REALLY
doubt they will get the chassis right in a couple outings
Hell there are guy that have worked a couple YEARS
at getting the suspension right and still havent got
it yet... and I really doubt that the engine builder
is going to set up the chassis for them(if he knows)

Mr. P Jason knows suspensions, he's the crew chief on 6 second 10.5 car. Dom knows Jason well, but with only 496 ci. it's a toss up

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 02:02 AM

Thump... However it may go,keep us posted
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 03:13 AM

bb chevy motors are a joke. sb fords are faster

my money is on thumper
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 03:24 AM

Quote:

my money is on thumper

Shafiroff, Schmidt, and many other builders would disagree. But that's a topic for another time, that no one can ever win.

My money is on the nova.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 03:24 AM

Pack some insurance...

Attached picture 6047000-NOS%20Polished%20Bottle%205lb_.jpg
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 03:31 AM

Well here's the thing Dom..

If Pettis built it, and you say he did.. Then you got to figure that it makes conservatively 750 ponies.
In a 2700# car it could possibly go in the 8's.. Possibly.. Not likely.
However, it more likely makes more than 750hp though. Probably closer to 800hp.

You have been barely in the 9's in much better air that you will be in at Fontucky in the summertime..

I have to say that even running poorly, and if the Nova has a Glide, it should easily run mid 9's..

I would say not to pump your chest out too much.. But it's not a lock that he beats you.

Chris..
Posted By: Dr340w2

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 04:39 AM

Sorry Dom but your were talking to a person that does not even own the car. I am just a driver so you won't be whupping me you will just be whupping another Chevy. The owner said when the car is ready he will let you know.
P.S. Don't listen to people that don't own cars.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 08:15 AM

Quote:

Quote:

my money is on thumper

Shafiroff, Schmidt, and many other builders would disagree. But that's a topic for another time, that no one can ever win.

My money is on the nova.

Again, I expect these comments and that`s ok by me. Typical answers and my typical response is this.........come get some cos this ain`t my first rodeo and this car has zero time on it compared to my YEARS of racing and driving and the talkin is done so lets strap up and get it on....that is of course if they actually show up cos they told me their rockers were backed off last night and that was ONE of the reasons why we couldn`t do it last night. Been there done that and I can`t wait for the day we line em up....win or loose, t will be fun.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 08:34 AM

what year nova is that..... 2700 ???
Posted By: quickd100

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 10:23 AM

I'm going with you Dom, I'll put my money on a dialed in car any day. Dave
Posted By: Diego_Ted

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 01:16 PM

Quote:

I'm going with you Dom, I'll put my money on a dialed in car any day. Dave

I have to agree is the race a one and done? If so I will take a tested car, I have seen to many 1st outing oh well it should have run!!! There are too many variables. Now if it's the best out of three well some tuning can make all the diffrence in the world.

Any how I know Dom will give them all they can handle.

Diego

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 01:48 PM

Is this a $paper race or braggin'rights?
Posted By: viperrt

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 01:57 PM

Thumper-

Is this the Nova that has been sitting in Rob's shop since before he built my Valiant?
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 02:06 PM

I got paper on THUMPER!!!!! Tried and true car against a car that has NEVER been run??? Dom all the way!!!!

Will this be a true street race or will it be at the track?? If it is a TRUE street race for paper,make him DRIVE his car to the spot,NOT trailer it!!!! Also,have someone video it cuz we ALL want to see it!!!!

There was a GOOD street race here in Ct. saturday night. A BB 70 Chevelle vs a BIG SB on a BIG bottle Chevy S-10. EVERYBODY and I mean EVERYBODY thought the S-10 was gonna WHIP my buddies Chevelle but the tried and true Chevelle won!!! Small money,only $200.00. Next week,their gonna run again for more money, bottle vs MORE bottle!!! Cany wait!!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 03:13 PM

Thankxx for the responces............This is a box nova and not sure of the year and it`s not a car that Rob`s had his hands on. I know the guy well that owns it, the tuner and the driver and I have people willing to put big bucks(to me) on me winning. Can`t say for sure if we`ll go more than one race and as I understand it they probably won`t drive it through town first........no biggie. I`m finding issues in my fuel system and I`ll be ready no matter what and have no intensions of losing. I`ll post the date and maybe some Moparts boys can come have a victory beer w/me.
Posted By: ademon

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 03:19 PM

This is in a month from now? you don't think they will run it before then?

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 03:33 PM

Quote:

This is in a month from now? you don't think they will run it before then?

I would hope so but who knows and again I don`t care it will be a blast either way ESPECIALLY if I win.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 03:45 PM

Good luck,Thumpman...I hope ya whoop him!!
Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 03:46 PM

I would not be too concerned if their combo has not been proven. No offense, but a lot of Chevy enthusiasts pretty much think anything with a BB Chevy motor is unbeatable, and unfortunately a lot of Moparts members seem to bow to the Bowtie camp. Not really sure why. To another point, it doesn't get much uglier than a shoebox Nova. Let me guess, do these guys have mullet hair cuts? How many Keystones do they put away while talking about how "fast" the Nova is. Full head of teeth? Single or Doublewide. I bet they also watch WWF. Sorry, I just had to say it, got to love those Chevy guys and those stories about how they use to blow the doors off Hemi Cuda's with their 283 Power Pack '55 Chevy's. And how those 396 Chevelles would pull the front wheels 2 feet off the ground when leaving the dealership.
Posted By: jsmopar1072

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 03:54 PM

nitrous dart????
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 04:16 PM

Quote:

I would not be too concerned if their combo has not been proven. No offense, but a lot of Chevy enthusiasts pretty much think anything with a BB Chevy motor is unbeatable, and unfortunately a lot of Moparts members seem to bow to the Bowtie camp. Not really sure why. To another point, it doesn't get much uglier than a shoebox Nova. Let me guess, do these guys have mullet hair cuts? How many Keystones do they put away while talking about how "fast" the Nova is. Full head of teeth? Single or Doublewide. I bet they also watch WWF. Sorry, I just had to say it, got to love those Chevy guys and those stories about how they use to blow the doors off Hemi Cuda's with their 283 Power Pack '55 Chevy's. And how those 396 Chevelles would pull the front wheels 2 feet off the ground when leaving the dealership.

Yeah, all that is nearly as funny as the Mopar guys and their world beaters, with 906 heads and "purple shaft" cams.......... Believe me, one brand or the other does not hold a patent on idiots, or people lost in the past and some of the things seen on this site, should be a testament to that. A "TRUE" car guy has respect for all brands and other "car guys", even though they may like different brands. Blind "brand worship" is very narrow minded.

As far as the impending match race, the untested status of the Nova is really of no concern....if...these guys have their stuff together. Seen many a new car be very successful first time out. All about knowing what you are doing and being prepared.

Monte
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 04:21 PM

sounds like a fun race:) noone knows the outcome before its done.. this weekend i saw a very close race betwen a 355motored amazon and a 600+cube duster,not sure who won it but it was very close

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 04:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, all that is nearly as funny as the Mopar guys and their world beaters, with 906 heads and "purple shaft" cams.......... Believe me, one brand or the other does not hold a patent on idiots, or people lost in the past and some of the things seen on this site, should be a testament to that. A "TRUE" car guy has respect for all brands and other "car guys", even though they may like different brands. Blind "brand worship" is very narrow minded.

As far as the impending match race, the untested status of the Nova is really of no concern....if...these guys have their stuff together. Seen many a new car be very successful first time out. All about knowing what you are doing and being prepared.

Monte

I hear what you`re saying Monte......I don`t dislike these guys at all, we`ve known each other for years and it`s more about fun than anything else........I just beleive that I can beat this car and they challenged ME not the other way around. No, my dart doesn`t have spray if so, I`d be fast.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 04:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

I hear what you`re saying Monte......I don`t dislike these guys at all, we`ve known each other for years and it`s more about fun than anything else........I just beleive that I can beat this car and they challenged ME not the other way around. No, my dart doesn`t have spray if so, I`d be fast.

the funny part is their big chevy big tired car challenged you in the first place

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 04:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Thanks for helping prove my point. I think the Bowtie brigade probably holds the record on idiots, more cars, higher idiot ratio. Didn't mean to offend your Chevy loyalty.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 04:48 PM

Thanks for helping prove my point. I think the Bowtie brigade probably holds the record on idiots, more cars, higher idiot ratio. Didn't mean to offend your Chevy loyalty.

Making a statement like that, you obviously don't know anything about Monte Smith.
Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 07:15 PM

its all about horse power and traction. you got to have both.
so the nova has a bigger motor and built by pettis. but how is the rest of the combo, is it 32 tall tires with 3.55 gears in a 10 bolt and stock axles 7/16 rear studs?
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 07:54 PM

thump, your car is certainly fast enough to give it a try. even if it's an 8 second car (and you can rest assured it will be dialed in by race day), one little hiccup, and you win! i've beaten many cars that are a lot faster than mine, just like you have. your car is fast enough to give them a run, imho. good luck! p.s., make them drive it to the track!
Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 09:01 PM

Quote:

Making a statement like that, you obviously don't know anything about Monte Smith.

yes, monte is kind of a legend around here. His middle name should be FAST! He just likes "fast" no matter what the brand!

I do know of this chevy guy from work that built a 572 with big duke heads and 10 to 1 compression! Also he did'nt want to tubb the car(68 Camaro), so is trying to hook it on stock suspension! He also spent thousands on EFI and then could'nt tune it. I dont think the car has made it out of the 11s yet...maybe high 10s at best.
Posted By: BB70DUSTER

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/21/10 09:23 PM

Hey Dom... Where abouts are you guys runnin? Depending on where ya go Ive always wanted to line our cars up... think it would be a good close race with a couple REAL street cars... (even if I do have the cheater juice! LOL)

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/21/10 09:39 PM

Is this some big compression car with a plate throwed on it ?

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/21/10 11:06 PM

This thread is worse then two grade school kids debating about which Dad is tougher.Must be something about purple cars
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/21/10 11:10 PM

Quote:

This thread is worse then two grade school kids debating about which Dad is tougher.Must be something about purple cars

What date is the deal going down? I want to keep an eye open for the "results" post...

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/21/10 11:20 PM

Quote:

Ya, that`s it..........purple cars.....get a life dip stick. What`s your heap run...........anyhow, it`s set w/a 9", proper axles gears etc and made almost 760 hp and is all motor. I will prevail.... No date yet and hopefully they will shake it down soon so we can get this done.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/21/10 11:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ya, that`s it..........purple cars.....get a life dip stick. What`s your heap run...........

I'm sure your reply answered a lot of questions if anyone had some.
Good luck on your BIG GRUDGE race with your Street CAR.Good luck Elvis...

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/21/10 11:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ya, that`s it..........purple cars.....get a life dip stick. What`s your heap run...........

I'm sure your reply answered a lot of questions if anyone had some.
Good luck on your BIG GRUDGE race with your Street CAR.Good luck Elvis...

Too bad you don`t live closer we could line em and go from there if u get my drift. What`s your gig.....you one of those lowly a$$ haters or what.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/21/10 11:37 PM

Too bad you don`t live closer we could line em and go from there if u get my drift. No I don't explain please.

What`s your gig.....you one of those lowly a$$ haters or what. No not a fan purple cars with owners that have big mouth's get my drift

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/21/10 11:37 PM

Funny, I know quite a few chivy guys (fast) and never hear them bashing on moper guys

If this race ever does take place it will be interesting to see the results....hope you win Dominic

Rickster

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/21/10 11:40 PM

Quote:

Too bad you don`t live closer we could line em and go from there if u get my drift. No I don't explain please.

What`s your gig.....you one of those lowly a$$ haters or what. No not a fan purple cars with owners that have big mouth's get my drift

Whatever tough guy who hides behind the keyboard..........nuff said. Thankxx Rick..........signed, Big Mouth......

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/21/10 11:43 PM

Your welcome....looks like this thread could be on it's way to the crapper....kiss and make up guys.....no need for the

Sure brings back memories though

Rickster

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/21/10 11:46 PM

Quote:

Your welcome....looks like this thread could be on it's way to the crapper....kiss and make up guys.....no need for the

Rickster

I`m done.........

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/21/10 11:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

I`m done.........

just win, baby!
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/22/10 12:15 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

I have never owned a Chevy in my life, but you are welcome to think whatever you want. I was only trying to be objective on the subject and stated no favoritism for either side, but you sir, most definitely proved MY point. So thank you for that.

Monte
Posted By: slippery440

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/22/10 12:44 AM

This is just like a Tom Turkey out struten its feathers then gets blasted by a 10 gauge shootgun loaded with buck shot.
Posted By: 572_HEMI_Cuda

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/22/10 12:52 AM

Quote:

Monte

I agree with Monte on this one. In my case, I went from barn find (total rust-bucket) to 1st pass on the car and went 9.11 @ 148 at Atco in good air. Made 65 runs since and had a best of 9.18 at 146. Most of those runs at LVD, not as good DA but still car ran fastest on the first day. Ran NSS with NENDRA so was never trying to make all out killers runs.

Steve
Posted By: 602heavy

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/22/10 01:22 AM

Great thread , hope you win Thumper.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/22/10 01:31 AM

Quote:

This is just like a Tom Turkey out struten its feathers then gets blasted by a 10 gauge shootgun loaded with buck shot.

I`m not strutting my stuff more or less just getting some opinions and the ones posted are about what I expected both good and bad.......thankxx guys.........
Posted By: Cheatham

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/22/10 01:41 AM

Few years back my 340 Duster lined up against a 540ci 68 Camaro heads up race i holeshot him, had him all the way till the end and wham he blazed by me at the finish, You never know,Im pulling for you Go Getem

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/22/10 01:52 AM

Street car to street car, make 'em drive to the track and get it off on the first run. No shake downs or nothing. If they want to trailer it, then you have to get a good spot in order to off shoot the fact that you drove to the strip.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/22/10 01:52 AM

Thankxx been there done that and HOPE to do it again and if I loose it won`t be the first time.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/22/10 08:37 AM

i cant believ some of the idiot comments in this thread....... dominic is this a one and done race?

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/22/10 03:18 PM

Quote:

i cant believ some of the idiot comments in this thread....... dominic is this a one and done race?

You surprised there`s idiots on Moparts? It`s a car site full of keyboard jockeys like the rest and haters are everywhere so no biggie. Not sure if it`s a one race or not and if I beat him as I plan to do, I`ll give him a second shot as I hope he will do for me if the tables are turned.
Posted By: SLOW67

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/22/10 04:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Win or lose you can still drive yours daily....can they do that?

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/22/10 04:50 PM

No...........even though they say they`ve driven it all over, I know one of their neighbors that says otherwise. Just for fun that`s all this is about and of course HOPEFULLY whoopin another chevy.
Posted By: dynamite

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/22/10 05:00 PM

Good luck Dom..Hope you kick some chevy butt..Like I did in this picture

Attached picture 6049379-Lar8MA20982528-0007.jpg

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/22/10 05:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You surprised there`s idiots on Moparts? It`s a car site full of keyboard jockeys like the rest and haters are everywhere so no biggie. Not sure if it`s a one race or not and if I beat him as I plan to do, I`ll give him a second shot as I hope he will do for me if the tables are turned.

Wow you calling a group of fellow Moparts members key board jockeys.
You mister head key board jockey are the one that started this post blowing yourself up about a race challenge from a car that was in a car show and never been to a drag strip. What is sad you are worried about loosing.Asking for advice? Tune that 760 HP car so it actually will run where it should instead of just in the real real high nines.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/22/10 05:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow you calling a group of fellow Moparts members key board jockeys.
You mister head key board jockey are the one that started this post blowing yourself up about a race challenge from a car that was in a car show and never been to a drag strip. What is sad you are worried about loosing.Asking for advice? Tune that 760 HP car so it actually will run where it should instead of just in the real real high nines.

You obviousy misread what I wrote. I responded to a couple of stupid a$$ quotes towards myself calling those people "keyboard" tough guy haters. HIS motor made the posted hp not mine. And I`m not asking for advice just asking for opinions on who`s gonna win..........nothing more nothing lees...CHILL! You`re the one who made the dumb a$$ comment about the turkey and the 10 gauge shotgun.............I suppose you`re one of those tough hunters who ambushes prey from a stand and calls yourself a "hunter". Gimme a break.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/22/10 05:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

I`m done.........

I'm thinking...not so much...

Make it interesting. 2 out of 3, $300 a run or winner take all at $1,000.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/22/10 05:57 PM

You can`t expect me to get a jab and not defend myself can ya! Ain`t gonna happen.........whatever they want to race for is ok by me. Time to go work out and kill the demons within.......

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/22/10 06:20 PM

man dominic you stretch you neck out and take a gamble on a tough race and a few around here beat you up for it... geez..... no one can ever say you only race locks or sure wins!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/22/10 06:30 PM

Quote:

man dominic you stretch you neck out and take a gamble on a tough race and a few around here beat you up for it... geez..... no one can ever say you only race locks or sure wins!

That`s how I roll If they were on my porch I guarantee the tudes would be different......I`ll post the results.......back to my workout and good luck w/that beast of yours.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/22/10 06:54 PM

Good luck Dominic. My money is on you!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/22/10 07:07 PM

Thankxxx..........

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/22/10 08:13 PM

PLEASE have someone video the race!!!!!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/22/10 08:39 PM

I plan on it...........unless of course I get my a$$ handed to me.
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/22/10 09:01 PM

Just have some fun!

I used to love the grudge runs and sandbag a bit if I knew the other group would eventually run for some cash.

Win or lose, have fun!
Posted By: 493_DART

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/23/10 05:54 AM

go get em Dom !!!

if its motor vs motor , i predict you will take the nova by a car length

Posted By: ademon

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/23/10 06:00 AM

Quote:

Just have some fun!

I used to love the grudge runs and sandbag a bit if I knew the other group would eventually run for some cash.

Win or lose, have fun!

ya loose the first few runs act all flustered and then run for $$$ and clean their clocks!! they will figure it out on the ride home

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/23/10 04:10 PM

Thankxx........I`m not into the sandbagging thing as I hate to loose and it`s about winning not about the money ESPECIALLY if it`s on video. I could never live that down.........kinda like takin a fall in a fight for extra pay, just not my style.
Posted By: BobR

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/23/10 04:23 PM

Quote:

This guy knows what he is saying and Dom used to work at Pettis so he knows this as well. I do doubt that Jason will be doing any tuning, though, but you can be pretty sure the motor is solid.
Posted By: BobR

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/23/10 04:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Well said, Monte. And, there are a few Mopar guys on this site who are running Pettis power that will vouch for his stuff. Dom has a good running Dart and I don't mean to take anything from him. However, on paper, he looks to be the underdog in this one. I am looking forward to hearing of the outcome.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/23/10 05:08 PM

I am definately the underdog and I`m used to that position as it brings out the best in me. Since it was dynoed they have changed a couple things so who knows and who cares really.............cos "on paper" isn`t "real world"..........Can`t wait win or lose!
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/23/10 06:57 PM

Aint no guarantees, jus go win, jus get the stips 0f the run clear, so u d0nt have 2 kill him, if sumtin don;t go rite. Don't 4get to p0st a vide0.
Posted By: dc426

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/23/10 09:59 PM

Dom, what in the world do you have going on here? Are these guys with the Nova new at cars? They have about 120HP over what you have. That being said, if they're a bunch of squirrels running around with their heads up their azzes, then yes you stand a good chance.....maybe! I get the idea you're holding something back because on paper your gonna get whipped! If it were me who was calling someone out I would do all I could to make sure my junk was working. You can bet these guys are too
DC

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/23/10 10:02 PM

So when is this supposed to happen

Rickster

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/23/10 10:25 PM

These guys MAY know a bit about cars but have no clue about suspensions or tuning.........hell, the owner and tuner are scared to even drive the thing. It`s a garage built suspension w/a good motor..........big deal and STILL not impressed. As far as having 120 hp over me, do you know how many 8-second cars I`ve beaten? Rickster, it`s supposed to be next month and the funny thing is the mouth behind all of this came by today and invited me to go over to his place and hang out...........somethings up. Maybe they need me to check it over to make sure it`s ready.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/23/10 10:32 PM

Flashback...

Attached picture 6051498-1957_Jailhouse-Rock.jpg

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/23/10 10:34 PM

I bet this is you Eddie, got kicked off and now you`ve found a way back in.............cute. Call me............

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/23/10 10:59 PM

Quote:

I bet this is you Eddie, got kicked off and now you`ve found a way back in.............cute. Call me............

thats not eddie Kenny is just having fun with you

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/23/10 10:59 PM

Quote:

These guys MAY know a bit about cars but have no clue about suspensions or tuning.........hell, the owner and tuner are scared to even drive the thing. It`s a garage built suspension w/a good motor..........big deal and STILL not impressed. As far as having 120 hp over me, do you know how many 8-second cars I`ve beaten? Rickster, it`s supposed to be next month and the funny thing is the mouth behind all of this came by today and invited me to go over to his place and hang out...........somethings up. Maybe they need me to check it over to make sure it`s ready.

Or maybe there just a bunch of gear heads and like you enough to invite you to hangout....imagine that

Rickster

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/23/10 11:00 PM

Quote:

Flashback...

Nope not short enough

This would be much closer.....

Rickster
Posted By: Runner

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/23/10 11:08 PM

i have a friend that bought a 66 falcon 6 years ago in the fall. it had a 460 in it and was running 8 teens in the 1/8th. this was a 5500 dollar car 2800 pound ladder bar car 10.5 inch tire. the motor kicked a rod out of the block in his shop before he ever got a chance to race it. the fastest car he had driven to this point was a 14 flat mustang. over the winter he ordered up a glide and an adapter plate, and converter from coan. had our machinest biuld him a solid lifter cam 501 with ootb rpm heads, victor intake and demon carb. he did alot of clean up work on the car, rewired it and bolted everything together. the very first pass in the car it went 9.77 on motor. he had next to no experiance with drag racing let alone a car that fast. he eventually got it to run 9 teens with a roller cam, head work, alcohol and a toilet. he is a very detail minded guy that doesnt like to cut corners so im sure that helps. i guess my point is experiance isnt near as important as it once was. getting a car to run right is just a phone call away now days.

on the other side of the coin i knew a guy that EVERY time i seen him at the track his cars first pass was its fastest, and then he could always managed to make the car at least a second slower by the end of the day.

what every happens good luck. and have fun

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/23/10 11:11 PM

Maybe this one.

Attached picture 6051555-fat_elvis.jpg

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/23/10 11:18 PM

Don`t get me wrong, these are good guys it`s just funny that I havn`t seen em in years and all of a sudden they want to hang out. It`s all good on my end and I`ll call the owner tonight and see when he wants to do this. Hey Kenny, I don`t know you but you definately have a sense of humor......although strange. And I too was having fun...............

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/23/10 11:21 PM

Quote:

Don`t get me wrong, these are good guys it`s just funny that I havn`t seen em in years and all of a sudden they want to hang out. It`s all good on my end and I`ll call the owner tonight and see when he wants to do this. Hey Kenny, I don`t know you but you definately have a sense of humor......although strange. And I too was having fun...............

Glad to see you don't take me serious.

Attached picture 6051569-2378759109_9282d41d3b.jpg

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/23/10 11:23 PM

I for one was really getting bored, thanks for this post Thumper..to me this is what drag racing is all about!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/23/10 11:37 PM

Quote:

I for one was really getting bored, thanks for this post Thumper..to me this is what drag racing is all about!

Agreed............and I can`t wait to line em up.......win or lose.
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/23/10 11:49 PM

Been lurking in the background Dom and having fun with your post.

It'a all about fun, bragging rights and storys

Have fun and go get'M

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/24/10 02:18 AM

I plan to............Thankxxx...
Posted By: MoparDonny

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/24/10 04:31 AM

Can't wait to hear it or see that you kicked butt Dom. Love it!!

Don.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 06/24/10 04:36 AM

I left the owner a message and told him we need to secure a date and get this done..........I`m having trouble sleeping at night.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/25/10 01:51 AM

So here`s the deal...........they`re painting the car on the 4th of July, gettin new slicks and it should happen at the end of the month. They also said after they whoop me if there`s any other Mopars that want their a$$ kicked to "line em up". Should be VERY interesting and they guaranteed me they would be completely ready and running DEEP in the 9`s.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/25/10 08:39 AM

tell them to put dot's on it and run!!! thought is was a street car! dont give in to all there stips! put some of your own in there!
Posted By: Twin Turbo Mower

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/25/10 08:45 AM

Quote:

tell them to put dot's on it and run!!! thought is was a street car! dont give in to all there stips! put some of your own in there!

Yeah my wal-mart tires vs their k-mart tires.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/25/10 09:01 AM

Quote:

So here`s the deal...........they`re painting the car on the 4th of July, gettin new slicks and it should happen at the end of the month. They also said after they whoop me if there`s any other Mopars that want their a$$ kicked to "line em up". Should be VERY interesting and they guaranteed me they would be completely ready and running DEEP in the 9`s.

I'm in..

Always up for a good a$$ whoopin..

Chris..
Posted By: G_bob

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/25/10 10:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I'm in..

Always up for a good a$$ whoopin..

Chris..

I'm only good for hi 9's, but I say we get Chris, Chris and Al there to back you up with their B'cuda's Dom.
That should but a pretty good on them.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/25/10 11:39 AM

The new paint must be worth 300HP

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/25/10 12:19 PM

Quote:

Hide a NOS bottle under your back seat and hit it at the 330 mark. He'll never know.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/25/10 01:08 PM

IF you are racing on the street,make him DRIVE the car,NOT trailer it!!!! Its a STREET RACE!!!! NO TRAILER QUEENS!!!!
Posted By: steelhead

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/25/10 01:36 PM

THUMPER. THUMPER.THUMPER.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/25/10 03:03 PM

I thaught that would get your attention.... The owner is very humble it`s the tuner and MAYBE driver that thinks this car is the shizzle and when I have a date I`ll post it and if I get hazed, it sure would be nice to have you bad dogs there to "settle up" the score. They will not street race which I understand and they will be on new 32x15.5 slicks w/exhaust so time will tell and as far as nos, beleive me I thaught about it but that`s not my thing......YET! Since they have the bad boy Pettis motor,are 450 lbs. lighter and on big tires I`m asking for at LEAST the move and when I say move I mean I leave when we are both staged. Seems fair enuff to me.....

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/25/10 03:08 PM

Quote:

I thaught that would get your attention.... The owner is very humble it`s the tuner and MAYBE driver that thinks this car is the shizzle and when I have a date I`ll post it and if I get hazed, it sure would be nice to have you bad dogs there to "settle up" the score. They will not street race which I understand and they will be on new 32x15.5 slicks w/exhaust so time will tell and as far as nos, beleive me I thaught about it but that`s not my thing......YET! Since they have the bad boy Pettis motor,are 450 lbs. lighter and on big tires I`m asking for at LEAST the move and when I say move I mean I leave when we are both staged. Seems fair enuff to me.....

oh now were doing the pinks thing

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/25/10 03:11 PM

Apparently I need all of the help I can get.....I`m the only guy I know that takes these races "heads up" againtsed the(apparently)faster cars.
Posted By: Spode

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/25/10 03:52 PM

great thread

good luck but I dont think you will need it after seeing all those 800hp chevys on passtime

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/25/10 04:32 PM

I think the jump is a GREAT idea!!!! Will they be on the bottle??

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/25/10 04:52 PM

how cool would it be to have them show up with their slick shod, trailered "street car", and you drive through the gates and beat 'em anyway! good luck, man!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/26/10 02:41 AM

Quote:

I think the jump is a GREAT idea!!!! Will they be on the bottle??

This is a all motor deal as the owner wants an 8-sec pass in his car and who knows if it`s capable of that or not. I will trailer my car down since they are on a trailer and stuff happens but I would be MORE than willing to drive to the track and back if they would. But it ain`t happening......oh well, should still be fun....

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/26/10 02:43 AM

Will you have someone video the race??

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/26/10 02:44 AM

What's all this JUMP crap....????? Are we getting nervous

Rickster

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/26/10 02:49 AM

Quote:

Rickster

Hey, these be some brother street racers from l.a. and "hell yes" I`ll take the jump.............I`m always the idiot who goes for their deal and since they weigh in at 2700lbs wet w/760+ hp and 32" tires, what`s wrong w/a slight starting line edge. If they run as fast as they say, they could give me a 330 head start and whoop me. Yes it will be on video unless of course I get creamed.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/26/10 06:52 AM

If I'm driving you can try it.
The question you need to ask yourself is:
Do I feel Lucky?
But then again I am not the tuner or the owner just a Driver.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/26/10 01:36 PM

How the strong have gone.Went from a heads up race with a untested car that you were sure you could beat to I want the tree jump. Win or loose you said. Seems to me there are some feathers growing on you. I will take bets this race will never happen.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/26/10 01:50 PM

Hey Thump,

Any way you can post some pics of that Nova??

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/26/10 01:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

Hey, these be some brother street racers from l.a. and "hell yes" I`ll take the jump.............I`m always the idiot who goes for their deal and since they weigh in at 2700lbs wet w/760+ hp and 32" tires, what`s wrong w/a slight starting line edge . If they run as fast as they say, they could give me a 330 head start and whoop me. Yes it will be on video unless of course I get creamed.

I thought this was supposed to be a heads-up race...sounds more to me like it's turning into a bracket race

Rickster

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/26/10 02:10 PM

Quote:

How the strong have gone.Went from a heads up race with a untested car that you were sure you could beat to I want the tree jump. Win or loose you said. Seems to me there are some feathers growing on you. I will take bets this race will never happen.

Say what you will but it will happen if they are ready not me.....I`m always ready and as far as the move, it was more less a joke since the driver(if it`s Al) left on the first amber last time we raced although I still hosed em. No feathers here guys just having a bit of fun again , win or lose.................. I`ll see if Al can get some photos posted............How bout it Al? Or does it have to be painted first.......

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/26/10 02:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Say what you will but it will happen if they are ready not me.....I`m always ready and as far as the move, it was more less a joke since the driver(if it`s Al) left on the first amber last time we raced although I still hosed em. No feathers here guys just having a bit of fun again , win or lose.................. I`ll see if Al can get some photos posted............How bout it Al? Or does it have to be painted first.......

Just like we are....it's all good

Rickster

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/26/10 03:33 PM

dominick just go heads up and shut the Haters up......... your in a no lose situation and dont let them make excuses if you beat them with the leave

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/26/10 04:01 PM

Quote:

dominick just go heads up and shut the Haters up......... your in a no lose situation and dont let them make excuses if you beat them with the leave

I hear ya........While some are sitting on the porch talkin I`m out doin AND driving this heap nearly every day on 91 garbage. Still alive and still kicking a$$............. There`s another car gathering tonight and I`m sure they`ll be there talkin smack as usual w/the car on a trailer or not at all and as usual, I`ll be DRIVING mine to and from..........Patiently waiting.
Posted By: moparmattkos

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/26/10 04:30 PM

Quote:

Pack some insurance...

This is true I would borrow a small plate system from someone and just have a 175 shot on standby if needed.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/26/10 10:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Pack some insurance...

This is true I would borrow a small plate system from someone and just have a 175 shot on standby if needed.

Not my thing...........kinda like bringing your big brother to a fight to "cover you" in case you get your a$$ kicked. It is definately the great equalizer but I`ll take my whoopin like a man.....IF it happens.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/26/10 11:48 PM

Hey, Hey, Hey, let's tell the story right. I was in a 12.50 car and I had to do something!
But what about when we lined up together with the little small block no bottle white Duster I let you leave and then drove around you.
Posted By: fishy340

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/26/10 11:59 PM

i've spanked those bb chevys,its the 2700lbs mustangs w the stroked small blk chevy motor to look out for! in the streets that is

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/26/10 11:59 PM

So true.........Darrells car is a monster hands down. And as far as your car being a 12.50 car,who knew? Looked like a 9-second car to me......pretty paint, full roll cage and lopin like a mo fo.....

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/27/10 12:21 AM

Just goes to show. You can't judge a book by it's cover. Pretty doesn't mean fast.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/27/10 12:46 AM

So true................
Posted By: Rawone

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/27/10 02:47 AM

Best of luck to ya!!!!

Since they know what you run,
SPRAY IT!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 06/27/10 04:39 AM

Quote:

Best of luck to ya!!!!

Since they know what you run,
SPRAY IT!

Man, it`s tempting for sure and IF they whoop me at all or that bad, I have a few friends w/complete plate systems just drooling to put one on my car. Love you car by the way..................

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 07/15/10 02:55 PM

bump for an update

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 07/15/10 03:33 PM

Quote:

bump for an update

Joe has the nove in black primer now and it`s being put back together so I`ve been told. I`ll make a call today and see where he`s at and Thumper has a new fuel system and hopefully rebuilt roller lifters then it`s on.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 07/15/10 03:46 PM

Hey Dom....have you been over to see the car??

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 07/15/10 04:59 PM

Last time I saw the car it was on a trailer prepped and ready for primer/paint and heard from a friend that it`s primered and gettin ready for an ass whoopin.......

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 07/15/10 11:45 PM

AWESOME!!!!!! I hope he enjoys it!!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 07/16/10 06:33 PM

Quote:

AWESOME!!!!!! I hope he enjoys it!!!!

He may not but I sure will.............

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/14/10 07:20 AM

Did the highly anticipated race go down?

Attached picture 6138879-SGMP001.jpg

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/14/10 08:40 AM

Posted By: The Cuda Guy

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/14/10 10:42 AM

Quote:

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/14/10 04:41 PM

Quote:

Did the highly anticipated race go down?

Hopefully in sept. as he`s having the car re-wired,gettin new tires and is gonna get some shake down runs. I saw him thur. and his story keeps changing as far as our race and who`s driving. Mind you this is a "race car" and he has no intentions of driving it on the street now cos in his words; "it`s WAY to much for the street". I`ll have my wide-band installed and my lifters rebuilt next week and will be ready.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/14/10 04:50 PM

Dom, put a 200 HP plate on it and get a few runs under your belt. If hes taking his time, you should to just to be sure your not beat at the line.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/14/10 04:54 PM

It`s tempting but I`m going to run him motor to motor cos I have little faith in those that are helping him tune and prep the car. If he beats me well then he should, if I beat him well, the beers will be flowing and I`ll never let them live it down.......can`t wait win or lose. Here`s why I`m not worried...........thu. nite at Irwindale a long awaited $80,000 el-camino was gonna come out and lay down some "easy" mid 5`s well, after a mean sounding burn out he went 6.40........I`m NOT worried.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/14/10 05:28 PM

All im saying is bring a gun to a knife fight. Best wishes and I hope(realy I do)that you kick there azz. I remember running an el-camino in Victorville back around 1990. It had "EZ tens" in the back window with a BBC and wall to wall tire under the car.. Beat him with my low 12 sec dart..That was a night to remember ..Phill

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/14/10 05:48 PM

Exactamundo............Using nos in this scenario would be like entering the ring w/a weapon......not in the rules and not fair in my opinion since we agreed on n/a. I`m not worried just like your destruction of the el-camino..... Win or lose I will post the video.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/14/10 06:02 PM

IC Dom, Didnt know you agreed to race NA...Have fun man. Be safe..Phill

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/14/10 06:04 PM

I`m a man of my word and want to win or lose fair and square.........preferably WIN!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/14/10 07:07 PM

Dominick! It took me 5 passes to get my dart to hook with my new combo! Run them off the trailer since there so sure!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/14/10 08:14 PM

So they want to race you with their car, but they are rebuilding the whole car just to beat you?? I wish them luck on that, NOT REALLY, but they're gonna need it anyway. There are alot of mean cars with doh-heads setting them up all wrong. My low budget 451 with .510 lift comp hydraulic cam can easily take care of a couple guys around here that I have no business beating with their big dollar 451 with .620 roller and ported RPM heads, TTI headers, blah blah, and a 454 68 Camaro with a 1071 blower and 32x15's under it. Even if those guys have 150 more hosepowr than you Dom, I have more faith in brains and common sense.

Don.

Attached picture 6139510-newsetup.JPG

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/14/10 09:18 PM

Thank you...............racing is kinda like a bar fight to me and unfortunately, I`ve been in many. The bigger(so called)badder man/car doesn`t always win and "on paper" is just that till the "paper" is a time slip.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/17/10 07:11 AM

Bruce said this is for you.
Note this Nova was built for the 8.90 class.
I personally look forward to the BBQ after no matter who wins.

Attached picture 6144033-1nova.jpg

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/17/10 10:55 AM

Quote:

heck why don't you guys just go get a top fuel car to run Dom's street car

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/17/10 06:12 PM

Thankxx Quick.... I`m not worried and if that car runs 8`s I`ll give you my dart. Tell Joe to hurry up cos I`m not the most patient guy and I am gonna be hungry after sawing his azz off......or yours.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/17/10 06:20 PM

I guess you guys really don't get it. The car was not built to race Dom it was built so an old man could live a dream. Its a real shame this has gone this far. But Whatever!
PS I am only a hired driver with no stake in this that owns a small block Dart thats slow.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/17/10 06:23 PM

Quote:

I guess you guys really don't get it. The car was not built to race Dom it was built so an old man could live a dream. Its a real shame this has gone this far. But Whatever!
PS I am only a hired driver with no stake in this that owns a small block Dart thats slow.

This old man's dream is to watch a car he paid for get driven down the track by someone else?
Posted By: justinp61

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/17/10 06:53 PM

This old man's dream is to watch a car he paid for get driven down the track by someone else?

Thats kinda like watching porn. I never cared for it myself. I always wanted to participate, not watch .

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/17/10 06:58 PM

It's called a heart condition / Open heart surgery.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/17/10 07:17 PM

, Wish him the best.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/17/10 07:59 PM

Quote:

It's called a heart condition / Open heart surgery.

Al, don`t take this too seriously........I`m having fun and whatever the outcome so be it. Joe`s a good guy and he can`t take the g`s slammin him in the seat so Al gets to be the driver. Joe told me he wants to shake it down at Bakersfield so I guess that`s where we`ll line em up.............

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/17/10 08:17 PM

Quote:

For some reason...(maybe because of that "joke" cobbeled up one in that youtube vid)I thought it was a later Nova. I like those 66-67 Novas. It should be a good race.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/17/10 09:01 PM

No worries Dom. Just didn't want Joe to get slammed for not driving his car.

Anyone that knows me knows I am a Chrysler man.
With that being said I am a driver that enjoys the ride whatever it may be.

Posted By: G_bob

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/17/10 09:24 PM

Quote:

I guess you guys really don't get it. The car was not built to race Dom ...

Then why was he being called out at a car show? That's what was reported in the first post of this thread.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/17/10 09:30 PM

This thread is confusing as to what is actually going on.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/18/10 05:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I guess you guys really don't get it. The car was not built to race Dom ...

Then why was he being called out at a car show? That's what was reported in the first post of this thread.

I was called out but it was by Joes friend "Darkness"not joe and was told we would race but that was after some shake down runs(understandable)w/either Al driving or Joes wife. As the days and weeks go by, the excitement dwindles.............we`ll see.
Posted By: MoparMark

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/19/10 04:08 AM

If it's in Fontana I'll try and be there, Famoso is a little for to go just to watch but it will be an interesting race either way.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/19/10 04:25 AM

all out race car wanting to race your street car dom! no lose situation for you the way I see it.... however he must admire you one way or another to pick on you
Posted By: jrlegacy23

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/19/10 04:25 AM

Thumper,
We are all definitely gonna need a video of this when it all goes down. All the built up anticipation needs a payoff!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/19/10 12:28 PM

Quote:

all out race car wanting to race your street car dom! no lose situation for you the way I see it.... however he must admire you one way or another to pick on you

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/19/10 04:33 PM

Quote:

I`ve known these guys for years and I keep gettin faster w/my car and their mouths keep gettin faster. I will race em wherever and as Al said, whatever happens the bbq will rock. Yes.....there will be a video win or loose.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/19/10 10:06 PM

Nothing like a good old BBQ burger!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/20/10 01:50 AM

Quote:

Agreed.........especially after a good ol chevy azz whoopin.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/20/10 03:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Agreed.........especially after a good ol chevy azz whoopin.

Thump.. You can read that either way..

Chris...

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/20/10 03:51 AM

Here.. I fixed it..

Agreed.........especially after whoopin a chevy's azz ..

Chris..

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/20/10 05:01 AM

I see what you mean...........Thankxxx Damn, I need to see a doc or a shrink cos my noodles are getting more scrambled everyday.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/20/10 05:56 AM

We can have another one of those BBQ burgers when you whoop my 340.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/20/10 05:59 AM

I have no desire to race my friends......just the Nova.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/20/10 02:58 PM

Is this race happening in 2011????? Come-on Nova...HURRY UP!!!!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/20/10 05:14 PM

Hey, I`m ready NOW!..........

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/20/10 06:15 PM

All good Dom. I am looking forward to the BBQ.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/21/10 02:08 AM

Me too..................And we know them bruthas sure can cook up a good bbq.......
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/21/10 03:14 AM

hey don't sweat it i race my buddy with a 555 steve schmitt built motor n/a all the time and get him by a tenth .oh it is in a 70 chevelle with fiberglass front end,coil overs tublar suspension front and back and he 60fts a little better then my car so you never know.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/21/10 06:39 AM

I hear ya and I`m not worried at all..........ANYTHING can and does happen in a race.........been there, done that!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/21/10 11:43 AM

Quote:

hey don't sweat it i race my buddy with a 555 steve schmitt built motor n/a all the time and get him by a tenth .oh it is in a 70 chevelle with fiberglass front end,coil overs tublar suspension front and back and he 60fts a little better then my car so you never know.

x2 I have a buddy with a 540 chevelle I'm always putting a whopping on with my 500 cu. in

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/21/10 05:16 PM

Aint it FUN..............

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/21/10 06:24 PM

Like they say: Drag Racing is not a Sport. It's an attitude:)

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/21/10 06:36 PM

Got that right and based on my attitude, I should be world champion.......

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/21/10 09:01 PM

Does anyone know when the nova is gonna be ready to run??

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/21/10 10:31 PM

When "darkness" challenged ME it was ready then it went to, the valves aren`t lashed, needs primer, needs tires so who knows. I guess it`s being rewired now and apparently gonna be shaken down at Bakersfield and believe me if I hear about it I`ll be there ready to whoop em.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/22/10 03:01 AM

They must be scared with all those excuses!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/22/10 03:05 AM

I don`t think so it`s just no big deal to them right now since it`s not completely done and tested.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/22/10 07:03 AM

At Cruise Night there was another Nova Street Car looking for you to.
You sure are attracting the Chevys?

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/22/10 11:21 AM

Quote:

Thump.What are u doing to these people

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/22/10 04:04 PM

Quote:

Don`t tell me the "poodle" was out there running his mouth cos all u had to do was call me and I would of been there. I`m not doing anything out of the ordinary other than driving one of the fastest n/a car in the desert and I guess that makes me a target so, Come git sum!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/22/10 04:09 PM

Is there an Estimated date yet?

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/22/10 04:13 PM

Who knows It will happen soon but I`m not holding my breath and between my new fuel system,fine tuning w/my wideband and rebuilding my lifters I`ll be more ready than ever and give it my best.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/22/10 07:06 PM

I would say toward the end of November. Car has to go get a cert yet and so on.

Signed The Driver

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/22/10 07:21 PM

DARKNESS said he's tried of the disrespect and it is now a $2500.00 dollar race. So start saving your money. No Excuses!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/22/10 07:39 PM

No problem..........we line em up at bakersfield, un tested off the trailer since it`s built to be a " 8.90 index" car. Gimme a break and tell em to put up or shut up. How many years since the motor was done? Like 5 or 6 years, and now it`s just gettin ready for little ol me. I must be popular as all of the gm s@#t heads are gunnin for me.......bring it!!!!!!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/22/10 07:43 PM

Quote:

DARKNESS said he's tried of the disrespect and it is now a $2500.00 dollar race. So start saving your money. No Excuses!

here we go....... an "8.90" car calling out a 9.90 car for $2500.... gutsy there.....

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/22/10 08:01 PM

Ain`t it fun? Hey Joe and "darkness",stop stirrin up s#$t.....I just got a call from Donny w/his feathers in a bunch gettin huffy w/me because of what someone(you)read about what I posted about another nova hunting for me. Get that heap ready I`m gettin sick of the talkin cos as you guys know, I`m a do`er NOT a talker.
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/22/10 08:49 PM

tell him to bring that sh@#$t to etown nj ill flip that thing on its roof. with my small block

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/22/10 09:42 PM

Hell, I can`t even get em to meet me at a local track let alone up where you are. I`m sure you would give em a whoopin though.
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/22/10 09:49 PM

lol i got your back

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/22/10 10:02 PM

Beel cool if u were down here.........there`s more where they came from.
Posted By: Performance Only

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/22/10 10:07 PM

this thread has been running for over 2 months now. tell em' to crap or get off the pot...

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/22/10 10:19 PM

Quote:

lol i got your back

Onebadfish -
I've got your car as my screen saver at work. I also have a notch. Could you please post some more pic's of your car?
ThumperDart: I apologize for the hijack, please proceed to hand it to the Chevy crowd. I love aggrevating them.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/22/10 10:34 PM

I agree guy`s this has gone on for a bit too long but not because of me as I was ready the night he called me out.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/22/10 10:57 PM

Pathetic.

Call someone out and then sit on your hands....

Kinda like the kids on the playground in gradeschool that would say "I'm gonna kick your @$$!" and then run and hide behind the teacher when the time came to throw down.

Quote:

Well, it looks like he'll have plenty of time! If he banks a Ben right now he should have enough interest built up by then to have the full $2500.00.

Disrespect. It's what you get when you don't follow through with a plan....

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/23/10 12:14 AM

Thank you.......that`s how I see it. They hit me up, I was ready then and now it needs this, that and the other. I`ll STILL be waiting unless my heap blows up by then as I drive this thing quite a bit.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/23/10 12:25 AM

Thump, I think we all are getting a little ancy...could you find another race until then? That would be cool...

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/23/10 12:50 AM

I`ll see what I can do There is another well sorted out small block nova on spray but he rarely looses and unless it`s motor on motor it won`t be much of a race. The reason for the original race is because again it`s got tire,cage,big motor etc. BUT, untested and that`s my reason for taking that race in the first place. As stated, it`s a no loose deal for me PLUS I get to eat a good bbq and drink some cold `s. Hey Al, you reading this?

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/23/10 02:59 AM

Street Race that car. The small block Nova from the other night is untested on pump gas. Make him drive it and make sure there's no unit.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/23/10 03:01 AM

Can't wait for BBQ. It sure sounds good.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/23/10 12:33 PM

Quote:

"no excuses"

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/23/10 01:32 PM

Quote:

No problem..........we line em up at bakersfield, un tested off the trailer since it`s built to be a " 8.90 index" car. Gimme a break and tell em to put up or shut up. How many years since the motor was done? Like 5 or 6 years, and now it`s just gettin ready for little ol me. I must be popular as all of the gm [Email]s@#t[/Email] heads are gunnin for me.......bring it!!!!!!!!

yeah no kidding... h ow long do we have to wait? I mean this post is waht 4-5 weeks old. If somebody lays out a challenge it should be settled THAT weekend. Get it DONE. Ok so here it's an 8.90 car so what run it uncert, he shouldn't need to run the full 1/4 if it' so crazy fast....
Makes me think of pass time when these dudes rool up in these big tire big inch Chevys claiming 700hp w/o the bottle and run a 10. Pretty soon Thumper'ss going to have to look on Moparts for a challenge
Posted By: SD800

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/23/10 06:08 PM

Your in Cali so your safe, had a Nova show up at our track this weekend, never saw it before, went 5.60's through the mufflers, made a few passes and left, I thought of you when I saw it, thought maybe he was from down state and came up for some hush,hush testing.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/24/10 01:43 AM

I would say he would of handed me my azz........no way my heap would go 5.60 w/out spray.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/24/10 02:06 AM

Hey Dom.....I think you need to do a "Drive-By" their house/garage/shop and when in front of their place,hit the line-lock and blaze them tires just to give them something else to talk about!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/24/10 02:24 AM

I`m saving my tires for the race and last I heard, it was running and Al was helping em dial in the ign. box on a lap top. I still need to send my lifters out for a rebuild but was waiting to get the tune up close but it`s been hot,hot,hot so maybe finish tuning tomorrow and pop the lifters out and send em out wed.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/24/10 04:38 AM

I'll second that HOT, HOT, HOT, and tomorrow is suppose to be hotter.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/24/10 02:21 PM

Git-R-Done Dom!!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/24/10 05:17 PM

I`m pulling the lifters today since it`s so damn hot and will have it back together hopefully over the weekend then finish playing w/the wideband. When it cools I`ll head to the 1/8th mi track then wait for the nova boys and get busy.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/24/10 07:36 PM

It's suppose to cool off Thursday. The weekend should be in the 80's.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/24/10 08:03 PM

I decided to send out my lifters now and be done with it and I`ll finish tuning after I get my heap back together. It looks like I can do a bit more porting to my intake plenam and entrance to further inmprove flow and distribution.........time will tell. Get that puppy ready.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/25/10 12:46 AM

Better make a beer run, this could take awhile...
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/25/10 01:10 AM

Good luck. The outcome will be based on how much experience they have in building and setting up the car. Gremlins are your best friend! Go get em!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/25/10 06:22 AM

I want it right w/them but I`ll take it anyway I can get it and as I understand it they`re having fun trying to figure out the wazzuuu digital something MSD. They`ll figure it out..........or not.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/29/10 06:04 AM

Here Kitty Kitty!
Lol Lol
Bump

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/29/10 06:08 AM

Still stirrin up s#$t I see. Being that I`m finding these issues w/my heap and my new fuel system amd LC-1 tuning capabilities, you guys better be on your a game our you`re done. Can you say "race car stomped by a street car"?
Posted By: Performance Only

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/29/10 12:16 PM

Quote:

Still stirrin up s#$t I see. Being that I`m finding these issues w/my heap and my new fuel system amd LC-1 tuning capabilities, you guys better be on your a game our you`re done. Can you say "race car stomped by a street car"?

careful there Popeye, with all the problems you found in the top end, it might be time to look at some bearings too before you get too carried away and become the victim instead of a slayer.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/29/10 01:23 PM

Dominick has that thing really not been apart in 5 years?

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/29/10 02:21 PM

All you guys will be retired and his car still won't be ready. Six pages of lip action and he said he was ready to race WAY BACK June 20th.Over 2 months and no race.Seems to me that both parties in this so called race are wanta be racers.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/29/10 02:38 PM

Quote:

Seems to me that both parties in this so called race are wanta be racers.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/29/10 02:43 PM

We need a yawning smiley .

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/29/10 06:11 PM

I would of raced em that nght but they were there "posing" and talkin smack plus, my car didn`t break and was running fine I just followed my gut and am glad I did. Say what you will guys.......so much for support seems it`s easier to smack talk than support a mopar boy w/a goal of stompin a nova boy. Dan, I will leak down the motor but the bottom looks great visually and valve jobs change pretty quickly w/new heads so now it`s just "broken in" as far as I`m concerned. Signed.........wanna b racer/popeye. Yes sledgehammer, 5 1/2 years doin what the naysayers said can`t be done.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/29/10 08:04 PM

Do me a favor and send this thread to the chevy boy.I would love to here his side of why 2 months of nothing happening.Called you out ready to race? Sounds to me there are a bunch of show poodles that hide in the garage. You not more than a week ago were getting all superman about anouther Nova hunting you down.How many races have you been involved in lets say in the past 2 months? NONE!!!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/29/10 09:40 PM

Quote:

Do me a favor and send this thread to the chevy boy.I would love to here his side of why 2 months of nothing happening.Called you out ready to race? Sounds to me there are a bunch of show poodles that hide in the garage. You not more than a week ago were getting all superman about anouther Nova hunting you down.How many races have you been involved in lets say in the past 2 months? NONE!!!!!

Blow it out your ass.............When`s the last time you took your slow heap down the track? The other nova in question says he won`t run me w/out spray so who`s the coward, him or me? Stay on the porch and talk poodle boy I`ve heard enuff of your self richeous do nuthin mouth. Maybe you should drive a chevy it perfectly fits your tude.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/29/10 10:15 PM

Matter of fact my slow azz car has been to 2 1/8th mile shoot outs and I am in points at mt track. Getting alittle upty are'nt you? I would drive a chevy.I drive a Ford every day. What are you trying to say? I find when people get bent out of shape over comments most of the time there is truth somewhere in those comments. Hey what happen to in your words I will run anyone no matter if I win or loose? Alittle spray scares you?

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/29/10 10:31 PM

Dominick just ignore him as he can keep sippin the Haterade! he called my car a show poodle in another thread before I went to the track! Just imagine if we knew as much as all the pros around here we would be ScaRy fast

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 01:36 AM

Quote:

Dominick just ignore him as he can keep sippin the Haterade! he called my car a show poodle in another thread before I went to the track! Just imagine if we knew as much as all the pros around here we would be ScaRy fast

No biggie...........it`s just sad that we`re here on a mopar site and guys gotta put down each other instead of support the cause. Again, ben a fighter my whole life and his useless comments have kept me in the garage gettin my heap ready and tonight I`ll be hittin the drums w/him in mind. I just wish he was closer so we could look each other in the eyes instead of typing this s@#t! THAT pisses me off more than the whimpy/lowly comments..........

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 01:50 AM

Sorry man I call it as it is. Really don't care if you own a mopar or a honda.Two months of lip action in my book is BS.That holds true to the chevy guy. Slegewhatever if I called your car a show poodle must be you earned the title. You guys are makeing like your the street race gods and you will race anyone. Like I said I am just calling you out on things you have wrote. To be a street racer you better get thicker skin.I pushed just a couple of your buttons and made you cry.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 01:58 AM

Quote:

Sorry man I call it as it is. Really don't care if you own a mopar or a honda.Two months of lip action in my book is BS.That holds true to the chevy guy. Slegewhatever if I called your car a show poodle must be you earned the title. You guys are makeing like your the street race gods and you will race anyone. Like I said I am just calling you out on things you have wrote. To be a street racer you better get thicker skin.I pushed just a couple of your buttons and made you cry.

Apology accepted #1 and # 2, never said I was "the street racer" just said someone challenged me, I was ready then and THEY bailed out. If we met you`d be crying I promise you and I`m done w/this conversation............have you heard the phrase..."having a battle of wits w/an unarmed man"? Well, you are that man......barely.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 02:03 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Apology accepted #1 and # 2, never said I was "the street racer" just said someone challenged me, I was ready then and THEY bailed out. If we met you`d be crying I promise you and I`m done w/this conversation............have you heard the phrase..."having a battle of wits w/an unarmed man"? Well, you are that man......barely.

WHY is it everyone wants to fight tonight... this
isnt going to last.... I'm talking to both of ya

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 02:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WHY is it everyone wants to fight tonight... this
isnt going to last.... I'm talking to both of ya

Yes daddy,.............cos it`s what some do and they are "haters" plain and simple. You guys have known me long enuff to know that I don`t tolerate it and will represent myself....plain and simple.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/30/10 02:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

Hey, these be some brother street racers from l.a. and "hell yes" I`ll take the jump.............I`m always the idiot who goes for their deal and since they weigh in at 2700lbs wet w/760+ hp and 32" tires, what`s wrong w/a slight starting line edge. If they run as fast as they say, they could give me a 330 head start and whoop me. Yes it will be on video unless of course I get creamed. [/quote

Never said you were a street racer?

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 02:29 AM

Yes daddy,.............cos it`s what some do and they are "haters" plain and simple. You guys have known me long enuff to know that I don`t tolerate it and will represent myself....plain and simple.

Dont give me crap... this post will get deleted in
a blink if you guys cant stop the BS.... you tend to
bring up fighting and I dont care for it... and I
was a fighter but not on this computer thing

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 08/30/10 02:29 AM

Never said I was "THE" street racer...........as in "the man" just a guy havin fun and gettin you to come out of your shell and put me down.....YOU my man, have issues........they sell a pill for that.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 02:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Don`t tell me the "poodle" was out there running his mouth cos all u had to do was call me and I would of been there. I`m not doing anything out of the ordinary other than driving one of the fastest n/a car in the desert and I guess that makes me a target so, Come git sum!

Again not a street racer?

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 02:33 AM

Mr P don't worry just pushing his buttons.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 02:41 AM

Quote:

Mr P don't worry just pushing his buttons.

And your PISSIN me off... both of you.... so PLEASE
dont do it anymore... thanks to both of you

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 03:12 AM

See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, Type No Evil.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 03:57 AM

OK,Boys...Knock off the poop slingin... Keep it civil or this is gone!! Kapiche???

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 04:03 AM

NO PROBLEM.......When(if)that thing`s ready we`ll race and I`ll post the results/video till then, I`m done. Don`t like the "baby sitting" thing and talk is cheap..............

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 04:04 AM

You are a good man,Thumpman!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 04:10 AM

Don`t tell anyone.....................actually I struggle between evil and good and THAT`S what becomes the BIGGEST challenge in my life NOT some stupid race w/an overated nova............off to the devils playground(bar)to go beat the drums..........later..........

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 04:14 AM

Just like me,Dom....I got a race with an overated Dart!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 02:22 PM

I'm looking forward to page sixteen

Rickster

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 04:46 PM

Quote:

I'm looking forward to page sixteen

Rickster

Me too!!!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 05:54 PM

Not sure why, but this thread reminds me of another purple car owner...

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 06:04 PM

Whatever...........I`m here waiting and just posting what THEY`RE saying and their excuses. I can`t believe you guys............so much for a support group from some of you.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 08:45 PM

dominick! forget the haters! let it all go till the race goes down man

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 09:00 PM

Sledge...............I`m done and this post can go away as far as I`m concerned. I`ll post the video and results IF these ever step up. I`ll have my heap together this week and get to the track soon for a 6.10 1/8th mile......or not. Let`s move on...............

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 10:24 PM

Quote:

Sledge............... I`m done and this post can go away as far as I`m concerned . I`ll post the video and results IF these ever step up. I`ll have my heap together this week and get to the track soon for a 6.10 1/8th mile......or not. Let`s move on...............

You can't do it and as for "Hater's" a couple on here need to lighten up and see the humor for just what it is "Humor" you got to admit this ride is getting kinda long

Rickster

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 10:32 PM

Agreed, I`m trying to beat out Ron Silva.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 11:27 PM

Im still hoping to be the first post on the 16th page!!!!
Posted By: Thread Ender1

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/30/10 11:41 PM

Quote:

Im still hoping to be the first post on the 16th page!!!!

Ill help out, i must admit ,its getting old. Tell em to line it up on 260th and G? in like 2 weeks, this end of Nov for chassis cert is a cop out.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/31/10 02:55 AM

Can't we all just get along?

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/31/10 03:56 AM

Quote:

dominick! forget the haters! let it all go till the race goes down man

Man, I'm no hater! Just having a little fun with a post that was all in fun. I WISH I had a 9.90 car that I had the yaabows to drive DAILY! No, my hats off to Dom. In fact, give me the date, time and place and I'll be the first one to high five him and after he stomps that SHIVY!

Save the drama, girls...lets LINE EM UP!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/31/10 04:15 AM

All that matters is we have fun and a BBQ who ever wins. To bad some people have to get so serious about a friendly little race.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/31/10 06:02 AM

cudadoug, that wasn`t aimed at you........................he knows who he is and I`m done being mad about it. You are welcome to as many `s you need and win or loose, well eat, drink and beat....I mean, be merry. So Al, hows that thing coming along and when`s the date.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/31/10 12:57 PM

Will THIS post be the first on page 16???

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/31/10 06:28 PM

No date as of now. They are working on the car. Joe has to have some surgery and then we will be back on track.
P.S. Some people are stupid.
REMEMBER you can't fix Stupid!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/31/10 06:54 PM

Fast Forward....Looks like winter is setting in and we will have to reschedule this race for the Spring in 2011.....

In all seriousness I hope Joe's surgery goes well

Rickster

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/31/10 07:01 PM

Quote:

No date as of now. They are working on the car. Joe has to have some surgery and then we will be back on track.
P.S. Some people are stupid.
REMEMBER you can't fix Stupid!

Hope Joe`s ok and the surgery helps him have a better/healthier life. At this point I might as well continue tearing into the short block and just rebuild the damn thing.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/31/10 07:21 PM

Who's Joe??

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/31/10 07:39 PM

Joe`s the owner and Al`s the driver............Al and I go WAY back and are just having fun.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/31/10 07:58 PM

Quote:

At this point I might as well continue tearing into the short block and just rebuild the damn thing.

Make it handle a 300hp NOS shot!!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/31/10 07:58 PM

Some people don't know how to have fun!

Attached picture 6169224-burnout2.jpg

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/31/10 08:31 PM

Quote:

Some people don't know how to have fun!

You better hook better than that or your azz is mine.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/31/10 08:39 PM

That's what happens when you test a Race Car on the street.
Oh did I forget to mention that was in reverse.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/31/10 08:58 PM

Quote:

That's what happens when you test a Race Car on the street.
Oh did I forget to mention that was in reverse.

Up hill too???

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/31/10 09:15 PM

Over a mountain

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/31/10 09:21 PM

Mountain of bs.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 08/31/10 09:25 PM

Quote:

Mountain of bs.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/01/10 06:24 AM

and through the field

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/06/10 03:43 AM

bump!
Hopefully ever thing goes well you'll be back together this week.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/06/10 03:57 AM

My buddy at Kragens only ordered one gasket(DOH!)so I`m waiting for the other. My cyl. walls look bad and I should rebuild this pos but it`s not the right time now so we`ll and hope it lives till I can. What`s up w/joe?..................

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/06/10 04:00 AM

Hey Dom....Noy being a good to to rebuild because of money or just time?? Ifs its money,im sure theres a Moparts member out there that might give ya a hand on a rebuild??

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/06/10 04:03 AM

Mostly money..........work has slowed and bills NEVER stop coming so I`ll have to wait. All I really need is a hone,new bearings rings and a timing chain but, we`ll see how it runs and do it over the winter hopefully.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/06/10 04:05 AM

Cant wait!!!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/06/10 04:07 AM

With the new valve job, fuel system and LC-1 fine tune, we should run a bit better.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/07/10 12:25 AM

Wheelie bars and parachute are on.

Attached picture 6181329-parachute.jpg
Posted By: emarine01

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/07/10 12:53 AM

Man... long post, good luck Thumb I gota go read something else cause my brain just went on strike
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/07/10 12:56 AM

Quote:

Man... long post, good luck Thumb I gota go read something else cause my brain just went on strike

I think we should change the title. I checked and it was posted in JUNE. Wouldn't the next month be JULY.
Posted By: racerhog

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/07/10 01:02 AM

Sounds like you will be well on your way of wearing out your next motor long before the nova ever runs..

Bob

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/07/10 01:32 AM

Quote:

Sounds like you will be well on your way of wearing out your next motor long before the nova ever runs..

Bob

Now THAT right there is FUNNY!!!!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/07/10 01:34 AM

This thread is sooooooo long, I've lost track of what month is going to be "next month".

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/07/10 03:27 AM

I agree...........this is gettin crazy but they said next month not me as I was ready then. Like I said, I`m done talking about it and when they`re ready you guys will know.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/07/10 04:16 AM

May this post rest in peace.
To many haters.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/07/10 04:29 AM

Quote:

May this post rest in peace.
To many haters.

There arent any haters.... but we have been waiting...
and waiting.... 4 months now

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/07/10 11:18 AM

Must be a hater is someone that can see lip action.Come on this has been 3 months. He keeps saying he will not post anymore then as soon as someone stokes his ego he post. Yea I am a hater of BS.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/07/10 04:12 PM

Doms not the one with excuses,the nova is!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/07/10 05:01 PM

Dominick pulled that novas punk card hands down!!! He waited long enough when there ready then he can spend time building his up since that's the way they roll!
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: I`ve got a race next year w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/07/10 05:01 PM

There I fixed it (see above)

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/07/10 06:20 PM

Quote:

Dominick pulled that novas punk card hands down!!! He waited long enough when there ready then he can spend time building his up since that's the way they roll!

Thankxx for seeing what`s REALLY going on. Slippery 440`s just mad cos he can`t get 9 pages and 7700+ responces .........Like I said before I`m waiting on one head gasket and my heaps back together HOPEFULLY faster than before.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/07/10 07:47 PM

dominick for the record im 1-0 VS novas

Just in case you dont know how to get it done take some pointers here

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/07/10 09:15 PM

Good job and I`m not worried one bit about the race but more less about how old I`ll be when the race takes place......

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/07/10 10:18 PM

Quote:

Good job and I`m not worried one bit about the race but more less about how old I`ll be when the race takes place......

start a whole new thread for an under/over of when it happens.... Ill go 38.5 days from now

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 02:17 AM

Here Kitty Kitty.

The Nova sure feels good testing on the street.
You might have a problem?

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 02:22 AM

Quote:

Here Kitty Kitty.

Its all words!!!! Dont worry Dom,he's just tryin to scare ya.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 02:27 AM

Quote:

Here Kitty Kitty.

Well if your done playin bring it out and lets get
it over with... quit dickin the dog and get with it

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 02:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Here Kitty Kitty.

Well if your done playin bring it out and lets get
it over with... quit dickin the dog and get with it

Yeah,what he said!!!!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 02:52 AM

Let`s do it NOW.........How about tomorrow nite on the street say, apple valley about midnight?

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 03:01 AM

Well I guess dominick is gonna pull there punk card again!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 03:04 AM

I`m not fully tuned but screw it, let`s do this..................

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 03:05 AM

Quote:

Here Kitty Kitty.

He said race tomorrow? so what now!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 03:07 AM

CRICKETS......................

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 03:09 AM

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 03:10 AM

I`ll even give you guys the move................

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 03:10 AM

Quote:

WOW!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 03:12 AM

Quote:

WHAT?????

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 03:16 AM

I`ve (we`ve) waited long enuff don`t you think?

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 03:19 AM

mods please lock this thread!
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 03:24 AM

Big tire Nova?

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 03:24 AM

True!!!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 03:41 AM

SOLD FOR $2500.00
We will take that race.
The move on the street.
Let's DO THIS!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 03:46 AM

Now that`s a set up............if I had $2,500 dollars I would have totally rebuilt my motor. Since you guys are so sure about beating me how about racing for titles........NO JOKE! Tomorrow....no excuses..........

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 03:50 AM

Quote:

Now that`s a set up............if I had $2,500 dollars I would have totally rebuilt my motor. Since you guys are so sure about beating how about racing for titles........NO JOKE! Tomorrow....no excuses..........

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 03:52 AM

This isn't 1950 we want money. I'm sure that all of these nice folks out there that support you would be more than glad to donate to your race fund.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 03:55 AM

That doesen`t even make sense..........my car`s worth WAY more than $2,500 dollars so now what? Is this a hoax or are you guys serious(or stoned)?

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 03:58 AM

Quote:

This isn't 1950 we want money. I'm sure that all of these nice folks out there that support you would be more than glad to donate to your race fund.

LOL.... you gotta be BSing ... you dont think his
car is worth $2500... what is the excuse now

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 04:08 AM

Quote:

Now that`s a set up............if I had $2,500 dollars I would have totally rebuilt my motor. Since you guys are so sure about beating me how about racing for titles........NO JOKE! Tomorrow....no excuses..........

Now...thats confidence!

Since you guys are buddies...they must know you didn't have $2500...thus, their betting out of their .

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 04:13 AM

We are buddies but a challenge is a challenge and I`m willing to do this tomorrow night for titles............no bs. Remember......untested againtsed a tested proven car AND on the street..........you choose.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 04:19 AM

Boy Dom you are bringing back some memmories..."I want two cars and the go"....lol...Phill

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 04:23 AM

Weren`t those the days Phil? You,Cab and myself in the middle of the desert just a racing along having fun and never a wreck or issues w/the police...........fun times for sure and these guys are getting me fired up and apparently that thing`s running and ready to go.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 04:40 AM

For the record: Don't shoot the Driver. I am only the Driver who is relaying information for these fine Chevy Folks.
They do not want a Dodge Dart they are Chevy folks.
They want to race for $2500.00 as they have stated in the pass.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 04:50 AM

The only ones getting Titles will be The LA County Sheriff Dept.

Chris..

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 04:52 AM

Simple solution..........you guys win you SELL my lowly car easily for $2,500 sunday to someone w/ the money. I win, I donate the car to the local high school so the can actually make it run right. Screw it,I`ll get the cash tomorrow..........tell them it`s on...........

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 05:11 AM

They said when you got the money let them know and it's on!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 05:23 AM

Done.............let`s make it happen and I`ll meet you at Farmers at 7:30 tomorrow night.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 05:38 AM

I`m gonna hit the sack cos I have a bit of work to do on a customers car and my own to be ready for tomorrow night.......unless there`s some other excuse.....................

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 06:07 AM

Im sure there will be MORE excuses!!!!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 06:26 AM

Rock and Roll
No Excuses!
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 06:55 AM

Quote:

Simple solution..........you guys win you SELL my lowly car easily for $2,500 sunday to someone w/ the money. I win, I donate the car to the local high school so the can actually make it run right. Screw it,I`ll get the cash tomorrow..........tell them it`s on...........

I'll buy the ThumperDart for $2500 on Sunday if the Chevy wins..

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 12:19 PM

Next they will say they will do title plus the difference in cash that they spent on the nova...

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 02:33 PM

get a vidio of who crosses the line so theres no whining.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 03:19 PM

Quote:

get a vidio of who crosses the line so theres no whining.

TOTALLY!!!!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 03:45 PM

on the street, advantage Dom. good luck

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 04:29 PM

I`ll be there w/the $2,500 dollars and my friend who will hold ALL of the money...........a nuetral party who also won`t tolerate any bs. We arrive,we race THEN I rebuild my motor w/the money I take from you guys. NO MORE EXCUSES......

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 04:31 PM

SSAAAAWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: vttm

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 04:48 PM

Good luck Dom, I hope you whip that nova and they finally have know more excuses.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 04:50 PM

So do I cos if not, I owe someone $2,500 dollars.......

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 04:55 PM

Quote:

I`ll be there w/the $2,500 dollars and my friend who will hold ALL of the money...........a nuetral party who also won`t tolerate any bs. We arrive,we race THEN I rebuild my motor w/the money I take from you guys. NO MORE EXCUSES......

Can a friend be that and a nuetral party?? Hmmmm...

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 05:30 PM

Yes, he`s not racing or involved other than bringing the money.............off to work,check valves,do a cranking comp. test and finish wide band tuning........... I`ll post the results/video tomorrow...........

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 05:31 PM

I'm betting this race never happens.....no haterade, just an opinion

Rickster

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 05:32 PM

The $2500 has been locked in! what is the punk out fee?

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 05:55 PM

Punk out fee or kill fee, what's the number.
Knock that Bowtie back to Fisher body where it belongs.
Posted By: gregsrt

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 06:50 PM

Quote:

I've been lurking on this thread since it started. How does it go from the Nova guy wanting to race, then having to rebuild his car to do so and when it comes down to it suddenly he wants a $2500 bet on it? Get your head out of your azz and back up your mouth with the car instead of talking sh%^. We race all the time around here for bragging rights not for money. This thread is like a soap opera. C'mon Nova boy, get in your own car drive it and race.
Posted By: supercomp

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 09:29 PM

By the time he actually races you I figure he'll have a ringer. I've seen those slow to develope races turn out that way before.JMO

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/11/10 11:18 PM

Me and my car are ready and I`ll be there ready to race tonight at 7:30 sharp...........that`s the best I can do at this point.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 12:08 AM

Quote:

Me and my car are ready and I`ll be there ready to race tonight at 7:30 sharp...........that`s the best I can do at this point.

they said their car is ready and if they dont show up let it go! YOU WON and pulled there punk card as far as im concerened

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 12:49 AM

2 hours and 43 minutes left! Dom...you gotta post a pic of their money when your done!

It's a no brainer that the proven car is going to win...

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 12:51 AM

I agree but I want the actual win..............off to the garage to try out this 4-hole spacer under my dommy to keep it`s guts out of my motor.......oh, this spacer came off of a 7-second car so it`s gotta be worth something.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 12:53 AM

If I win, I`m gonna have a mean hangover tomorrow......I might even buy them beers too.
Posted By: BradH

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 01:20 AM

Quote:

... How does it go from the Nova guy wanting to race, then having to rebuild his car to do so and when it comes down to it suddenly he wants a $2500 bet on it? ... This thread is like a soap opera.

Same question & thought here. Something doesn't seem right...

And I hope Dom doesn't end up owing somebody $2500 'cuz the Nova boys set him up after all this.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 01:27 AM

Just get a dune

Attached picture 6190857-atco1.jpg
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 01:30 AM

Quote:

Just get a dune

Dom, Kick butt!!
Posted By: johnzgarage

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 01:40 AM

I just watched a video on dart vs. nova .....it didnt go to good for the dart. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ZaPTKh3nE&feature=related , just messing with ya !!!! Have fun.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 01:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Just get a dune

Dom, Kick butt!!

Nice DUNE.....

Rickster

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 04:13 AM

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 04:17 AM

what the hell is a dune

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 04:18 AM

A huge pile of sand.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 04:20 AM

Quote:

A huge pile of sand.

can't be

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 04:25 AM

That's what Wikipedia said.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 05:05 AM

You know...Dune:

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 05:29 AM

Quote:

You know...Dune:

That was a good book...and almost as long as this thread... good Thump!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 05:45 AM

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 06:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

You know...Dune:

Wow!!! You guys don't miss nothing. . . DONE
"Get A Done" Thats what I get for trying too
talk let a redneck, when I'm not one

Attached picture 6191363-atco2.jpg

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 06:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 06:41 AM

I hope Dom is not in the Pokey...

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 06:45 AM

Quote:

I hope Dom is not in the Pokey...

No fun getting caught, not to many swine out there
that are cool with street racing

Attached picture 6191375-atco12.jpg

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 12:00 PM

Any updates!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 12:39 PM

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 02:08 PM

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 02:09 PM

Maybe hewon and got drunk like he said he would do.
Or maybe he lost and has his head stuck in a "dune"

Attached picture 6191569-atco10.jpg

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 02:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dang Alex.....you sure do need some Redneck Lessons.....it's Get-er-done son

Rickster

PS....my money's on "IT DIDN'T HAPPEN"

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 02:33 PM

Well im sure dominick showed up!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 02:37 PM

Quote:

Well im sure dominick showed up!

Maybe he is still walking home

Rickster
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 03:25 PM

BTW, it's "Git-R-Done" in the words of Larry the Cable Guy.

Tim
Posted By: supercomp

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 03:45 PM

Let's all hope for this thread it's I got-r-done.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 03:46 PM

results will be posted NEXT MONTH.!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 04:13 PM

Quote:

BTW, it's "Git-R-Done" in the words of Larry the Cable Guy.

Tim

We have a true redneck

Rickster

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 04:26 PM

Dominick must be hung over
Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 04:32 PM

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 04:34 PM

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 05:23 PM

Quote:

Dominick must be hung over

or in jail....or embarrassed....or....

all in good fun so no needed

Rickster

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 05:34 PM

I want the results

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 05:34 PM

Quote:

Maybe he won and got drunk like he said he would do.
Or maybe he lost and got drunk anyway

corrected

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 05:43 PM

I have this weird feeling something bad happened all togeether!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 05:44 PM

Quote:

I have this weird feeling something bad happened all togeether!

I hope not
Posted By: quick77rt

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/12/10 05:56 PM

I hope all went well, no matter who won if they did run.

Street racing is so risky anymore, I cant get away from it. And cali seems to be one of the hardest on them.

If they ran on the street, id have to say thumper had the upper hand, if the Nova is all that I cant see it hooking well and if they did run id bet whoever hooked the best won

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/12/10 06:38 PM

Victorville Sheriff's log

Aug. 12

12:14 a.m. — Deputies arrested one driver in an apparent street racing incident on Farmer's Road. The officers observed the two vehicles speeding away upon their arrival. Officers were able to detain the slower vehicle; a Dodge Dart and it's sole occupant, one Domonic Misale of Victorville. Officers are currently seeking the other driver of what appears to be a Chevrolet Nova for questioning.....more

Rickster
Posted By: MoparPitBull

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/12/10 06:43 PM

Quote:

Victorville Sheriff's log

Aug. 12

12:14 a.m. — Deputies arrested one driver in an apparent street racing incident on Farmer's Road. The officers observed the two vehicles speeding away upon their arrival. Officers were able to detain the slower vehicle; a Dodge Dart and it's sole occupant, one Domonic Misale of Victorville. Officers are currently seeking the other driver of what appears to be a Chevrolet Nova for questioning.....more

Rickster

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/12/10 06:48 PM

The nova driver in here hasn't replied either ... [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/12/10 06:53 PM

Quote:

The nova driver in here hasn't replied either ... [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]

I was thinking the same thing ...I hope all is well...Phill

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/12/10 07:29 PM

Posted By: Kevin wallauer

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/12/10 07:33 PM

The nova was a no show ALL TALK Money was ready from the chevy boys

Attached picture 6192052-scan0003.jpg

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/12/10 07:34 PM

Quote:

The nova was a no show ALL TALK Money was ready from the chevy boys

this is your first post! why should anyone believe ya? just sayin!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/12/10 07:44 PM

After spending time reading this thread .......I think I'm now ready to try to start watching "The View" on tv.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/12/10 08:34 PM

S W A T

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/12/10 09:34 PM

I wonder if dominick is in jail

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/12/10 09:50 PM

Quote:

I wonder if dominick is in jail

Gang member pleads guilty to spreading HIV

Rickster

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/12/10 11:05 PM

Dom did say he was getting either way so maybe he's still in bed or in the bathroom

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/12/10 11:45 PM

Quote:

After spending time reading this thread .......I think I'm now ready to try to start watching "The View" on tv.

HEHEHe

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/12/10 11:56 PM

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/12/10 11:57 PM

Just called Dom and it went to voice mail. I left a message that EVERYONE is waiting for some info!!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/12/10 11:59 PM

I see thumper lurking

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 12:07 AM

Quote:

I see thumper lurking

Thumperdart Making a new reply

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 12:15 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I see thumper lurking

Thumperdart Making a new reply

maybe he's loading up the video....

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 12:15 AM

Hey guys, all`s well here and I have a small hangover but I`m NOT in jail and it didn`t happen(imagine that). No biggie, I think I`ll let this one go and it`s nothing personal and as I understand it, his wife will divorce him if he takes it out on the street. Let me say this; Joe the owner is a great guy,Al is the driver and this has gotten out of hand so let`s bury it and move on.........We`ll meet at the track when they`re ready.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 12:18 AM

Hey Dom......Did ANYONE from their camp show up???

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 12:21 AM

Al showed up but again, he "all about the ride" so he could care less about what label`s on it.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 12:31 AM

I like ALL types of cars,just prefer MOPARS!!! I would drive that nova if he would let me.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 01:22 AM

You punked everybody for 3 months and so did DR340W2.If the other guys wife made him not race where is the 2500 bucks? Its a deal remember. Called this right from the begining. Just a bunch of crap.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 01:27 AM

I think Dom took lessons from this guy....

http://www.transparencynow.com/welles.htm

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 01:41 AM

Whatever guys, They talked and apparently that`s all it was. I am serious and they are not ready yet..........no punking just posting what was stated. Off to go play drums.........later....hater.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 01:43 AM

WE all watched this post for a long time. They both have well built drag car's for the purpose of drag racing....the answer is very simple. Race !!!!! Just get to the track and race. Win or loose ,it's the best thing to do for all the people on here....
Posted By: quick77rt

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 01:43 AM

Heck no...his wife will divorce him if he takes it out on the street.

Thats the most pathetic excuse, im sorry, id told her to start packin,yes I would.

Its funny to really see who wears the pants in a relationship......sad sad sad. And an easy out at that for the nova.

So there is a superfast nova around that can only run on wife approved tracks

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 01:49 AM

Im just bustin your nuts Dom ...No haters here ....Phill
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 01:51 AM

Quote:

Heck no...his wife will divorce him if he takes it out on the street.

Thats the most pathetic excuse, im sorry, id told her to start packin,yes I would.

Its funny to really see who wears the pants in a relationship......sad sad sad. And an easy out at that for the nova.

So there is a superfast nova around that can only run on wife approved tracks

A few days ago he's wanting to bet $2,500 but now he don't have enough balls to tell his wife to shut up and mind her on business....... Give me a break....

That's why God created Punk Out money...... to get rid of all the blow hards........

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 02:00 AM

That wasn`t addressed to you Phil it was for my good buddy Slippery440. Sorry guys, I guess this is a lose-lose situation for me and Joe. He wants the track and I`m good w/whatever he is cos it`s his car. Those weren`t his words about the divorce it`s what was overheard............time to go........there`s a t&t this sun at fontana and I`m gonna ask Al to see if they can make it if not, I`m over it.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 02:24 AM

Quote:

That wasn`t addressed to you Phil it was for my good buddy Slippery440. Sorry guys, I guess this is a lose-lose situation for me and Joe. He wants the track and I`m good w/whatever he is cos it`s his car. Those weren`t his words about the divorce it`s what was overheard............time to go........there`s a t&t this sun at fontana and I`m gonna ask Al to see if they can make it if not, I`m over it.

Thats why when I race for $$$, it usually $500. For 2000.00 or better. this way who ever is no show for whatever reason, theres 500. for wasted time, exc

Attached picture 6192833-3.jpg

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 03:01 AM

I would of told my wife that if I won,id give her $1,000.00,she would of said,GO FOR IT BABY!!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 03:17 AM

Sometimes you dont know if a guys BSing or not till it comes down to put up or shut up. They strung Dom along for a long time, its not his fault. Take it out on the kit, man

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 03:30 AM

Quote:

Sometimes you dont know if a guys BSing or not till it comes down to put up or shut up. They strung Dom along for a long time, its not his fault. Take it out on the kit, man

TOTALLY!!!!!!
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 04:21 AM

Quote:

. Sorry guys, I guess this is a lose-lose -losesituation for me and Joe.

Its a lose situation for me too as I was ready to buy the ThumperDart on Sunday after Dom lost it..

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 11:51 AM

Dominic don't let stinky440 get to ya he is just a hater! You showed up I wouldn't worry about it!!! Seems like drw2 is causing all the mess... You pulled there punk card a few times now

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 12:50 PM

In my book, "Scared money don't win"
Friendly fire or not, if a challenger brings up money to a pot, then pluck down punk out money or as they say in professional terms, a kill fee.

They are stringing you for a mind $*ck so that when it comes down to some sought of race, you are so pent up and vexed that your concentration is off on some soap opera mode. Classic tactics.

Divorce! Pleeeeasse.

Around these parts it's put up or shut up. Talk a mean walk only when your car is ready to run all the way to the Amen corner.
A gun slinger would never call some one out till there piece is in the holster and loaded.
Posted By: dc426

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 01:02 PM

I've been watching this thread from the beginning. I have to say I knew the outcome to this long before it happened. No disrespect to you Dom, but you got punked. I wouldn't let this die and let them get off that easy.
Posted By: BradH

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 05:52 PM

I hereby nominate this thread for the most wasted space on the Race Forum since my last status update on the Challenger.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 05:54 PM

Don't sweat it Dom....Thats what 95% of street racing is about. A lot of smack talk...and very little usually comes out of it...lol.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 06:56 PM

No one got punked here in my opinion just typical of how things get out of hand sometimes. When you`re dealing w/3rd party people things get changed around and twisted up a bit. 1st, Al`s not the trouble maker here just the driver passing info that got twisted. 2nd, Joes not whipped and someone made that statement and I should of never posted it.....my bad. Now I`ve got people pissed of at me on my end and a few on here so let`s move on. I WILL be at a track real soon and hopefully they can make it ready to roll and we can have a cold beer and BBQ as origionally planned. Sorry for waisting your time and this space.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 07:46 PM

Hey Dom....didnt waste my time,I love racing and I was HOPING it was gonna happen and of cource I was rooting for you!!!!! You will have your chance with that nova someday.
PLEASE keep us posted when you take it to the track!!!

Mike

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 09:05 PM

Will do..............

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 09:34 PM

Sure would have liked to see this race happen.....when and if....best of luck Dom

Rickster

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 09:39 PM

someone owes dominic some punk out fee money which should be $500

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 09:39 PM

It WILL happen it`s just a question of where and when.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 09:52 PM

Quote:

someone owes dominic some punk out fee money which should be $500

The problem w/this is that other people were speaking for Joe, NOT Joe himself............We`ll handle it at the track as he wishes....

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 11:27 PM

I think we should just forget the nova guy < way too much drama> But..... We have too bad ass street darts lurking on this form they just live on opposite sides of the country, So... how about a friendly competition... Thump vs Sledgie... based on ET from their local tracks, It would be much better reading and the 2 cars are some what even with Sledgie having the upper hand but thumps got the experience.... Seems the ETs are kinda close at this point in time We all share the same form so changes in set up and tune could be shared as well as questions and advice... This seems to me to be a lot more fun than this post has been from the start... The winner for best ET gets a case of beer shipped UPS ground and braggin rights til next spring ....

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/13/10 11:36 PM

I`ve got no problem w/that except for the fact that I don`t have a truck and trailer. If Sledgie wants to come to Cali I can put him up for a couple of days till he recoups from his whoopin and hangover.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/14/10 12:13 AM

well well well! Im down for a case bet!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/14/10 12:20 AM

Dont worry Dom, I can handel your East coast race if he cant make it out West. ....Phill

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/14/10 12:21 AM

Where do you live?

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/14/10 12:24 AM

Quote:

Where do you live?

NY

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/14/10 12:32 AM

Im in PA dom but ill take a case of coors light shipped! Im beating your ET next time out!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/14/10 12:42 AM

Hey slegewhatever. You live in PA? How about meeting me at a track somewhere . I would love to meet you.I am always up to meet a punk.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/14/10 12:44 AM

Quote:

Hey slegewhatever. You live in PA? How about meeting me at a track somewhere . I would love to meet you.I am always up to meet a punk.

boy you can dish it out but not take it huh.. lmao what a joke

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/14/10 12:45 AM

Quote:

I think the both of you should meet at E-Town and have a Showdown!!!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/14/10 12:57 AM

a rrriot ees an oooglee sink..... unt.... i tink dat eet eees just about time sat veee had vun!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/14/10 01:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:

To have a showdown first they have to show up. Like this post its all been lip action.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/14/10 01:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

To have a showdown first they have to show up. Like this post its all been lip action.

I really dont think Sledgehammer is just lip action!!!

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/14/10 01:15 AM

Quote:

a rrriot ees an oooglee sink..... unt.... i tink dat eet eees just about time sat veee had vun!!!

x2

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/14/10 01:29 AM

Hey Sledge remember you ran your ET at almost 2900 ft corrected alt. Those California guys run on those outlaw sea level tracks.
You have him covered. What kind of beer do they make out there.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/14/10 01:33 AM

I know im not the best tuner but I get a lil better each time out

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/14/10 01:37 AM

Quote:

Hey Sledge remember you ran your ET at almost 2900 ft corrected alt. Those California guys run on those outlaw sea level tracks.

Where`d you get that info? I`ve never raced below 1200ft AT BEST and usually 3000+ ft around here. Some of you on here rece BELOW sea level.............

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/14/10 02:10 AM

Quote:

Is that another dart ..... Whats going on here do we have another contender

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/14/10 02:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Where`d you get that info? I`ve never raced below 1200ft AT BEST and usually 3000+ ft around here. Some of you on here rece BELOW sea level.............

You must be talking DA.....Famoso is only 635ft. But is so hot here...it is like racing 2500+ ft.
Posted By: Twin Turbo Mower

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/14/10 02:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Is that another dart ..... Whats going on here do we have another contender

Posted By: 6PACMAC

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/14/10 03:19 AM

What a dumb thread. Reminds me of being 16 again and listening to to people telling me how fast their parents ride is. I hope you guys race before I die.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova. - 09/14/10 03:44 AM

please delete this post......just end it.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/14/10 04:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You must be talking DA.....Famoso is only 635ft. But is so hot here...it is like racing 2500+ ft.

That`s what I mean. The CORRECTED altitude goes way up around here even Irwindale which is 800+ ft. above sea level was 1800ft. last thursday evening.

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/14/10 06:02 AM

Quote:

Im in PA dom but ill take a case of coors light shipped! Im beating your ET next time out!

What makes you think I`ve never beaten novas before. NEW improvements.....new return fuel system, fresh top end,re-built roller lifters and an LC-1 on board for fine tuning. I wish you were closer cos it would be a good race. Keven(money man)tells me the boys are a bit heated and got some new skins so maybe just maybe this forum got their attention enuff to run me.
Posted By: abodyman

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/15/10 04:23 AM

reading this post each day is like some grotesque accident...You know what your about to see, but can't look away.
Then You regret looking

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 09/15/10 04:31 AM

Quote:

reading this post each day is like some grotesque accident...You know what your about to see, but can't look away.
Then You regret looking

Don`t look.............

Re: I`ve got a race next month w/a big tire/motor nova..... - 05/30/11 06:44 PM

bump
© 2024 Moparts Forums