Well,
to answer the exhaust question, it runs real rich, when just going the 30 mph speed limit,here in town.
I cant let it "rip" until I get out of town about 10 or so minutes away. It never really bothered me, with the exhaust smell before. I just roll all the windows down. Its not like I am driving while engulfed in a blue cloud or anything!
That shifter I put in, is an e-body pistol grip, so I have to scrunch forward, to reach down and grab it. So cannot likely belt myself in with a harness. I would move the seat up, but am about 6' 3" tall
I just have been using the old single factory style seatbelt.
I have had this car with a 340 and a 4 speed, then with an automatic, and then with a 383 and auto...and now back to a 493 and a different 4 speed and lower gears too. Never had any dizzy feelings ever. Hopefully, I am simply not used to that first drive for the last several months.
The ONLY "real" time that it runs GOOD, is when its revving over 2 or 3000 rpm's and it just wants to go faster as it runs, better and smoother and, really runs good, with the throttle open all the way!
So, its kind of a pain in the *** to drive, unless, my foots in it.
It was going to be my "race" car, but then I sold My street car.
I guess, I need to try again and see, if I have the same reaction, if, it happens again, I will go make a Doctor's appointment.
Thanks, for all the replies
GTX, What You described, is kind of exactly what I felt! JUST like a "rollercoaster queasy" thing!
like if I wanted to I could have !!!