Ok, I took my Dart out yesterday.
Usually, I set the line lock, and roast the rear tires, before taking off, letting off the button as the tires are spinning,.
When I am going to go "through the gears"....
Anyhow, since I switched to a different shifter, without the "Lock" button, . THIS time, I just revved it to 3000 rpm's and side stepped the clutch. It took off great and everything,not much spinning of the rear tires, but my question and reason for posting, is
When You guys just dump the clutch, from a standing start, do You ever almost pass out?
I felt almost sick for a few seconds and kind of dizzy and cross eyed, just for a moment.
Probably only seconds...I thought it was just me...But the 18 year old nephew, said he felt that way too..
Its the first time its ever happened to me, and its got me worried a little.
The car is a 493 cu. inch 12.5:1 440, Muscle Motors stage 2 Iron bracket race heads, .640 Ultradyne cam, Mopar M-1 4150 intake, with adaptor for a 1050 dominator. MSD Digital ignition and distributor....
4.30 gears, Liberty hemi 4 speed 833,
with 13.5x30x15 inch Mickey Street Bias plys.
Super Stock springs, etc etc..It launched real hard, and as I took off, I felt myself, being forced backwards, and was also trying to grab the next gear, fighting the "g" force....
Just wondering, if its happened to anyone else, is all....and wondering maybe I need to adjust the way, I take off?
Or go see the Doctor.