Quote:

Quote:

This whole "expired" bs is just that, BS it has to be for sales..........when was the last time you heard about someones belts failing and causing injury????

Lee Shepard died in 198? from the belts letting him slide outside the car(Pro stock Camero, reigning world champ at that time) when it went over on its side down in Oklahoma while testing on thier(Rehr and Morrison pro stock) way to the Gatornationals that year NHRA instituted the two year belt rule right after that there was(and still is) a lot of controversy over that accident and what actually caused what and what actually happened I really wish that it had not happened, Lee Shepard was a real drag racer and it is to bad that there was no ambulance or any other medical help available that day at that track. I don't know if that would have helped but that is over and done with. Now there is no testing or any runs made at any track I know of that does not have a ambulance on the property while racing or testing is going on

My understanding of the accident: they were testing/tuning 60' times and had not been making full passes. I was told Lee had not been fastening his belts as they were stopping right after the 60' mark and backing up, adjusting and trying again most of the day. On the last test, they figured Lee decided to take it clear through and then the mishap occured. Possibly no belts on at that time.

If you like drag racing, support your local track.