Okay, I finally got around to messing with this again (new job slowed me down). I bought the Mopar advance kit. It is really geared toward making things faster, not slower, and is essentially useless when you have less than 16* or so of total advance (the heavy secondary springs don't even kick in until 16* or so because they are slotted).

I tried the two heaviest primary springs in the kit and that made it come in faster than what I already had with some stuff sitting around.

So I went back to a heavy spring that I had and the heaviest black spring. That has it all in by about 3000 rpm. So the ping is just hardly there but it is still there. I've even bent the spring perches out a little bit.

I'm wondering if I can actually take one of the heavier secondary springs with the slot, trim the ends down, and bend it in like a primary spring or if the spring metal will let me even do that.

Also, after getting the initial setup, I'm running about 22* initial with this cam (used the intake manifold vacuum up to highest point then back down by 1 inhg). So I really don't have much timing to play with.

Thoughts?