Quote:

Could your clatter be valvetrain noise? At certain RPM'S I get a clatter. Just from the fast ramp of the cam.

That's what I'm kind of thinking. Even though it is a hydraulic setup could I have put too much preload on the lifters? I think I may check the preload today or tomorrow. But I'd really like to eliminate the possibility of detonation before I give up.

I don't know where to get race gas or I'd do it today. I'll have to call the engine builder because he'll know where to get some locally. I'm not running an hour north of Atlanta to the "Atlanta" Dragway to get race gas.

I've got one more thing I'm thinking of but I don't know how it could be it. When I mated the engine and trans together the torque converter had just slightly more than 1/8" play, something like .150 IIRC. I called Paul Forte and he said all would be okay as long as the flex plate bolts weren't hitting the torque converter. It was really close. Maybe I'm getting just enough flex in something that its touching... seems far fetched though. Either way, I picked up some washers this morning and found a matched set of four to try out.

Of course my wife wants to go to an art's festival today so I'll have to suffer through that before I can try this out.