Hi Cheap,
I did buy the car in that area from a man named Sam. He bought it from Nellie Goins. She was the original owner and driver of the car. He introduced Nellie and I the day I got the car. Nellie and I have become great friends and she has shared a lot of info with me. I spoke with her two days ago. In addition to Nellie sharing info with me, Kenny Hirata shares info too. He help Nellie and Otis with the car. I have been able to build a complete history of the car, including pictures. The only thing I can't find is the best ET she ran. She can't remember, Kenny doesn't remember either and Otis is gone, I'm sure he would know if he were here. Nellie said she never broken into the 6's with it, but was close. She does remember her speed, which was 216. The ET is about the only pice of the puzzle I am missing at this point to be honest.

Your buddy passed up a great deal. When I got the car it was complete, hemi, lenco, blower and of course the car. Originally I was going to run it. However, over time I changed my mind. I could have parted the car out and made a ton of money on it. But, I made a promise to Nellie that I would restore the car to its original form. To me my word is my honor. Plus, the car is a part of drag racing history. There have been a few negitive people who disagree with this, but that has been less than three people. There is not another African American woman that ever, to this date, owned and drove a AA/FC. When she was driving there were only a hand full of women that drove AA/FC's too. I have received a lot of inquiries about the car and its history. Some from the NHRA Museum Manager, the Harraha's Auto Museum in Reno, NV and a few others too. I have open invitations to display the car at some pretty big racing venues once the restoration complete as well.

If your buddy knows anything at all, that info would be nice to know.

Thanks,
Rick