Quote:

Quote:

You need to be more concerned about who will be doing the paint work and how reputable they are,not what paint brand they use, because most reputable shops that care about their reputation do quality work and use quality products on top of that,most decent shops have "lifetime warranty" on all repairs . As long as they don't spray ebay junk or Omni and Nason you should be good

I will ask if they give the paint a lifetime warranty... that should help insure they use something good
The last time I got stuck with who Nationwide sent me too.
Which happened to be the local Cadi dealer... so I figured they should be OK

And Like I said above the work they did was more then I expected (especially on the 88 subaru wagon)
The "removed" not taped... all the trim... sprayed it... then put everything back.
Both cars looked great... for a few years, then the paint just started to fade/dull out.
And since they were both blended into the original factory painted sides...
They went from the top looking better than the sides... to the top looking MUCH worse than the sides.

Contrast that with the Alero I have now... It was my Aunts & only has 14k on it (4K I put on the last 6months)
That cars paint looks perfect all around, & I just found out yesterday that she hit something 4 yrs ago.
they put on a new hood, fender and bumper... and it still looks good 4 years later.
I did notice the bumper looked like it had been redone, but would not have guessed the other 2 panels.
So obviously they used better paint than the Cadi dealer did.

That's why I'm asking... I just want to be able to ask what brand paint they use and know if it's any good.
Particularly the clear coats...
I've got 3 damaged cars... with 100's of dents each... (not sure they can use PDR on them all)
So it looks like there is some paint in there futures. (Insurance paid Paint... which is what worries me)

if you have insurance company paying for the paint work, they have the lifetime warranty,even if the shop doesn't, bigger insurance always have lifetime warranty on all insurance claims repairs,

In you situation, I'd do more research about shops in your area ,do not trust big dealership body shops, they are the ones who do shoddy repairs,I've seen alot of hack jobs coming from big franchise dealerships, a friend of mine has Cadillac XLR that got hit on the side,insurance company steered him to take the car to Cadillac dealership,let me just say he took it back more than sever times to fix things and it still looks like sh!!t,besides heavy oranegpeel,that's sagging and looks like it was about to run right before clearcoat tacked,funny gaps between body panels,passenger seat rubs against interior panels and makes noises,door shuts weird, so he just gave up.

shops that use Glasurit,Sikkens,SpiesHecker,Standox would be first on my list, PPG,DuPont,Sherwin Williams,would be second choice.Make sure to ask which clearcoat they use and if it's high-solids, if you don't hear words Nason ,Omni ,Production or 4:1 in their answer, usually it should be OK ,