I finally installed the Magnaflows, if anything was going to cure the drone I thought they would do it as they are packed tight with insulation and the exhaust does not actually bounce around inside the empty body of the mufflers....

While it is definitely better the drone is still there, not nearly as bad but.... I give up.... almost!

If I can't get used to it I guess a stock type system is next, either that or try Flowmasters, but how many mufflers do I try...

I hope somebody out there can help....

70 Challenger drop top, healthy 440, 3.55 gears.

1st - Headers and 3" exhaust with Dynomax Super Turbos and X pipe, very loud, pulsing drone/noise and did not like the sound of the X, had trouble with the ceramic coating on the headers twice and decided to ditch the whole system.

2nd - Manifolds and 2 1/2" pipe with crossover, cheap Thrush Turbos, very bad drone.

3rd - changed mufflers to Dynomax Super turbos, no change.

4th - Added 4" dia resonators before the tips, outside sound changed but no reduction in the drone.

5th - Plugged the crossover, slight reduction, the car is still quite loud (vibrates and shakes overhead covers in gas stations) but not bad when driving except at 40 to 45 MPH of course, AHHHHHHH.

Anybody have this type of thing happen to them? Any ideas or suggestions? I am thinking of changing to a quiet type of muffler, any good quieter performance mufflers available?

Cheerio, Rob

Last edited by Weldtech; 06/28/08 06:50 PM.