Quote:

I cant answer this but I got a question, why would you want this? Seeing Toyota has their issues with runaway throttles...I would trust a cable over a wire. good luck on what ever you choose, and be safe.

I agree, for that reason I’d rather have a cable.

About 10 years ago at my last job I needed to install a remote foot throttle on a GMC truck (one of the last 454s, and it was DBW EFI) and the PTO provisions in the ECM were not configured for a variable throttle. So we took a 2nd footpedal and wired relays in each of the TPS wires -- each relay switched between the corresponding wire on one pedal or the other. All the relays were triggered by the same circuit (with a few safety interlocks), and they switched over so quickly that the engine ECM didn’t know the difference.

I told you all of that so when I tell you all of this it’ll make more sense:
I would bet that a person could install one (or several) normally-closed relays inline with 'something' on the engine and wire those relays to open via a 'kill' switch on the dash. Perhaps in the power wires to the throttle stepper motor (assuming there is a return spring somewhere), perhaps in the power to the injectors (some or all), maybe to the fuel pump (although that could cause a few seconds of lean AFs and possible engine damage, but if the throttle runs away for some reason I think that could be a smaller concern). If a crafty person put some thought to it I’d bet he could create a simple electrical circuit that would allow you to kick the engine into reduced power or a closed throttle.

Probably should go for the reduced power in case you get stuck on railroad tracks.

Parts I seek: driver doorpanel, 65 Sport Fury, prefer black, needs to be 7-8 on 10 scale, might buy set 16" x 6" Dodge truck wheel(s), from early 70s?, takes 9" dogdish - need for a research job so cheaper is better. 69-73 C-body caliper brackets and/or splashields Send a PM.