Fury, Zippy pretty much said the same thing.

"I'm not a naysayer and I like EFI, you can do this any number of ways depending on what makes sense to you..But I have to say I'm also partial to a carb setup because it reduces the cost and complexity so much. You get a carb which you probably already have, an intake, msd box, msd harness, and you're done...it runs, and you can set the timing and fuel anywhere you want whenever you want instead of sending the OE computer out and hoping they get it right which does not happen every time."

That's great if you can get all this to work. You know yor stuff and I'm sure you know how to make it all work. It is a very complex swap. People equate EFI to move drivable. Any well tuned carb'd engine is just as effefficient, drivable and dependable. The OP's post was about drive by wire, I suggested using a carb becuase it is going to save him lots of time and money. Carbs are not for every application, I'd like to build a boosted 440 next that will have EFI. I probably would have on this build but I'm at 11:1 so I spent my money on the 6-pack.